Contacts spontaneously disappearing
Wizaerd69

I used to use a BlackBerry Storm, and recently upgraded the phone to an HTC Incredible.  Before swithing, I used the backup assistant to save all my contacts.  Upon switching to the new phone, it synced up and downloaded my contacts, everything's great.  (well, not exactly great... it also downloded my Google Mail contacts which I did not want on my phone...)

But now, sporadically my contacts go missing.  Just last night I texting with a friend, and in the middle of the conversation it no longer showed his contact name, but just his phone number... When I looked in my contacts, sure enough that contact had gone missing although he has been a contact for quite some time.

So what gives?  I've noticed this so far with about three contacts, who have been contacts for a long time... And they just suddenly up and disappear...

0 Likes
Re: Contacts spontaneously disappearing
sadiegirl

this is the exact reason i got on here. my phone is doing the same thing. for some, the contact is still there, but all their phone numbers are gone. i tried to sync again with the backup assitant and it didn't work. i hope someone has an answer. earlier two of my "favorite" contacts disappered.

0 Likes
Leslie1
Contributor - Level 1

Log into your Verizon wireless account to make sure contacts are still saved in backup assistance. Go to www.vzw.com; sign in or register (if you do not have a online account set up); once logged in click on "Contacts" icon on left side of page above picture of phone. On the phone un-install and reinstall back up assistance to see if contacts will come back up.

From the home screen, touch the applications tab (located in the lower-left).

Touch Settings.

Touch Accounts & sync.

Touch Backup Assistant.

Touch Sync now.

0 Likes
Toltek

Same thing happens to me!  Contacts disappear at random every day.  At the Verizon store where I live they told me I had to buy a new phone even though this one is 2 months old.  Even with phone insurance.  Totally bogus.  Had similar problems with TMobile who charged me $800 for canceling my contract.  I'm about to go back to landlines I'm sick of this **bleep** with so called smartphones.  Not throwing any more money into another phone.  

0 Likes
Toltek

Hello Verizon employee, if I do this it has to be done everyday.  One Verizon employee told me to do a hard reset.  So I have to hard reset every day now just so the phone will somewhat work.  Great product thanks!

0 Likes
budone
Legend

If you have done a hard reset already, (Not a soft reset) and you are having issues still, take it back for a replacement. In your other post you mentioned you were told to BUY a new phone. Is there physical or water damage to the device?

0 Likes