Contacts
DDH
Contributor - Level 1

I have a few important contacts set up that I call often.

I have them set up with the picture of each    set up so all I do is scroll across and hold down that image and make the call.

However lately when I end a call.... it automatically calls another contact I have set up  and I dont want to call that person.

It just does it on its own. Even when I end that contact call it will call another I have set up  .......

Sometimes it happens up to 3 contacts at one occurrence?

This does not happen all the time  but occasionally.

Any input would be helpful.

0 Likes
Re: Contacts
Cody21
Master - Level 2

very strange indeed ...When did the issue start? Is it somewhat reproducible?  if so, I would boot into SAFE MODE and try it ... just to rule out that you don't have a 3rd party App causing your grief.

0 Likes
Not applicable

What happens if you just tap the image and then tap the phone icon?

0 Likes
DDH
Contributor - Level 1

Good point  Where do I go to Safe Mode?

Really embarrassing when I end a call and it "Automatically calls another" and I don't need to talk to that contact.

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

Do a search for Safe Mode in the search bar just above. I'm away from my computer right now.

0 Likes
ChaunceyM_VZW
Contributor - Level 3

Hi DDH. This a very interesting situation you have. Cody21's idea to operate your phone in Safe Mode is an excellent idea. To start Safe Mode:

1. Press and hold down the Power Key
  2. Touch Power Off 
  3. Touch OK 
  4. Press and hold the "menu key", then press the power key to power on device 
  5. Continue holding the "menu key" until "Safe mode" appears in the left corner of the screen. 
  6. This may take up to 30 seconds. 
  7. "Safe Mode" will appear in the bottom *left* corner

Placing the phone in this mode will in fact allow you to determine if there is 3rd party application causing the problems. If you are able to make calls and not experience the problems with the unwanted calls. You will need to determine which of the applications is running interference and un-install. Disabling from Safe mode is easy:

1. Press and hold down the Power Key
2. Touch Power Off

3. Power on device to return to normal operations

If this does not resolve the issue, I would suggest removing the contacts, re-adding and manually assigning the photos. Please ensure you have the photos saved to your SD card prior to erasing the contacts.

Thanks,

ChaunceyM_VZWSupport

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes