DROID Incredible problems just keep getting worse...
Toltek

Contacted Verizon about certain text messages that constantly keep coming to my phone.  It's the same messages from one certain person that constantly bombard my phone.  They are not being resent by that person, the messages just seem to bounce off the network and back to my phone incessantly.  Verizon recommends I buy a new phone, although I just purchased this phone 2 months ago.  Backspace/delete key does not work when writing text messages either.  Phone randomly shuts off without me even touching it.  When texting sometimes the phone will randomly switch to other programs or cancel out of text altogether.  Cannot enter data during a phone call when prompted (i.e. when contact my bank and asked to enter account information I hold the phone flat the input screen appears for one second then disappears and does not come back.)  Programs I've installed off the Market randomly disappear from my phone.  Contacts disappear at random and I have to re-enter them daily.  

I just left TMobile because my phone was trash and even though I had paid for phone insurance for 2 years they replaced my expensive phone with the lowest possible model (by the way TMobile charged by $800 for terminating my contract).  So I switched to Verizon because I heard the Incredible was, well, Incredible.  It must be my phone because friends of mine have no problems with theirs.  But this phone adds new problems weekly.  It is nearly unusable.  I took it to Verizon to complain and was told I had to buy a new phone!  I even have phone insurance on this phone!  What is the point of buying insurance when you can't even use it!  I imagine in a couple more weeks this phone won't even be usable and I will be forced to purchase a new phone.  I'm sick of this and just about to give up on cell phones altogether.  If anyone has any advice I'd be happy to hear it.  Otherwise I'm at the breaking point and about to take a hammer to this phone and mail it back to Verizon and cancel my contract.  

0 Likes
Re: DROID Incredible problems just keep getting worse...
budone
Legend

I would do a hard reset. If that does not correct it, call into Tech support or go to the store to have the device swapped out.

0 Likes
robimon7

800 for termination is not true bro, you need to take a deep breathe and relax and stop giving false accusations, obviously your just upset and your stretching the truth just a little, if you have insurance and its a hardware problem you can easily swap it in for a new or refurbish incredible.  If your nice to the customer service rep, they may give you a new one, but from the sound of your post, i dont think thats going to happen.

0 Likes
Ms_Shonta
Contributor - Level 2

Here is the steps to doing a hard reset on your device.

Performing a hard reset will remove ALL data including the Google account, system data, application data, application settings, and downloaded applications. Only perform this reset if absolutely necessary.

Note If the preferred method is not available, there is an Alternate Method.

Preferred Method

1. From the home screen, select the applications tab (located in the lower-left).

2. Select Settings.

3. Select SD & phone storage.

4. Select Factory data reset.

5. Select the reset option.
    Reset phone
    Resets the phone
    Reset phone & Internal storage
    Resets the phone and the internal storage
0 Likes
budone
Legend

robimon7 wrote:

800 for termination is not true bro, you need to take a deep breathe and relax and stop giving false accusations, obviously your just upset and your stretching the truth just a little, if you have insurance and its a hardware problem you can easily swap it in for a new or refurbish incredible.  If your nice to the customer service rep, they may give you a new one, but from the sound of your post, i dont think thats going to happen.

Even without insurance, if there is no physical or water damage, Verizon can swap the phone out.

To the OP, have you thought to try blocking that number, just temporarily? If the texts stop, then you know it is not your phone. If they continue, then it is your phone as a text from that number would not make it through.

When you unblock the number and if they start again, then you know it is the other parties phone and not yours.

Just an idea to try before doing a hard reset.

0 Likes
MattA2k10

Ever since Froyo (Android 2.2) has been uploaded to my HTC Incredible...  it doesn't work nearly as well as it use to.  For instance, Voice Mail (visual) never works anymore.  I have to power off the phone and restart to see/listen to voice mails.  Also, on occasion, the Answer buttons lock up... meaning that I can't answer a call.  Starting to really not like this phone and was wondering if it had anything to do with the wrong 2.2 being pushed.  Sounds like I am not alone on this issue either!

0 Likes
MastaCoz
Enthusiast - Level 3

The Moderator said that my message was an Attack, so I need to rewrite it correctly to adhere to the Verizon policies.  So...

"Maybe, just a ittie bittie thought, that before the VZW rep recommends performing a hard reset on your phone, that the wonderful customer service representative take a quick moment and troubleshoot the phone first before recommending a method that will wipe all information from your phone, thus causing more hardship for your current issue."

Better?

0 Likes
budone
Legend

MastaCoz wrote:

The Moderator said that my message was an Attack, so I need to rewrite it correctly to adhere to the Verizon policies.  So...

"Maybe, just a ittie bittie thought, that before the VZW rep recommends performing a hard reset on your phone, that the wonderful customer service representative take a quick moment and troubleshoot the phone first before recommending a method that will wipe all information from your phone, thus causing more hardship for your current issue."

Better?

Yeah it's better! :smileyvery-happy:  I offered some suggestions to the OP that hopefully they will try before the master reset.

0 Likes
MastaCoz
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm just not a fan of canned responses nor keyword searching then posting the canned response based on that keyword, which totally isn't Factory Data Reset :smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes