DROID MINI randomly powers down
J4Buckley

My DROID MINI powers off randomly.  There is no pattern to this, and it is a sudden shut down.  It does not matter what (if any) app is in use, time of day, location of phone, etc.  What could be causing this and how do I fix it?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: DROID MINI randomly powers down
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

J4Buckley,

Thank you for clarifying that! Did you notice this started happening after an app was downloaded or updated? Have you tried putting your phone in safe mode and testing it that way? Here's how to put it in safe mode: http://vz.to/1DiCqjR

KarenC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

J4Buckley,

Having a phone that just turns off at random is certainly inconvenient to say the least. We'll help get it to stay on until you want it off! You said the shutdown is a sudden one - does that mean that it simply is on, and then suddenly goes black and becomes absolutely non responsive? Or do you see any screens during the shut down phase as if the phone is properly shutting down? Can you immediately turn the phone back on and if so, how much battery shows at that time?

SarahO_VZW

0 Likes
J4Buckley

Yes, it suddenly goes black and is unresponsive. I am able to power back up

immediately and the battery is the same (maybe 1% less) than when it turned

off.

On Jan 29, 2015 4:16 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

J4Buckley,

Thank you for clarifying that! Did you notice this started happening after an app was downloaded or updated? Have you tried putting your phone in safe mode and testing it that way? Here's how to put it in safe mode: http://vz.to/1DiCqjR

KarenC_VZW

0 Likes