Re: DROID X UPDATE Has Anyone Picked It Up Yet
B33
Legend

That's odd as it shows 2.3.6 but they might have got this No. Wrong. If it's possible to go there whats the Menu like is the Icon's in color. that's what mine are on my Maxx.

Update: Woops My mistake it is 2.3.4 Smiley Sad Sorry for the Mistake...

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

@B33 - 2.3.4 is the correct Android version and the new System Version update brings it to 4.5.621  .. so indeed it looks like they're rolling it out.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

You have the new update Go to the first Page or my first Post on here an Left click on the Update Click to super impose it an you can read the Update a little Clearer

0 Likes
moomba445

Wait...what? I did a factory reset 2 days ago, before I installed this update.

Some of these problems have been happening since I updated to Gingerbread from Froyo, like the resetting, but it has gotten significantly worse. Nothing that I did could fix that.

Maybe it's my phone that's the problem?

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

How often does your phone "reset" (power off & on) on its own? If it's frequent, I would try running for some period of time in SAFE MODE -- just to rule out any rogue 3rd party APP causing your grief.  FYI, Mine is rock solid with this update, except for 1 annoyance that I reported to Moto.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

You could be also having an issue with an App or Apps. An if you reinstalled ones that were giving trouble before you did the   the reset they could be still causing the issue Now

0 Likes
B33
Legend

What was that Cody! 

0 Likes
moomba445

Maybe...but I don't have any out of the ordinary apps on my phone. They're all apps everyone has, I would say. Facebook, tumblr, gmail, etc. It's been happening since the Gingerbread update from Froyo 😕

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

Yea, well maybe ...  again, I would try running in SAFE MODE for a period of time to see if the problems go away, or not.

The other thing you should try (and Verizon will likely have you do if you take it to them) is a Factory Reset WITHOUT automatically downloading your APPS at the conclusion of the FR .. Just Login and test for a day or 2 ... only use the Apps that come pre-installed ...  If it behaves at that point, then SLOWLY reinstall APPS and test again ...  Good luck.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

i'm installing .621, pray for me.

booted ok, taking a long time to load media files, music & pics ok, contacts intact, pop3 email ok for send/receive, that's all i've checked.

fwiw: i had a textbook upgrade to gb

0 Likes