Re: DROID X UPDATE Has Anyone Picked It Up Yet
bigtitan
Contributor - Level 2

I'll stick with what I got...but I do hope that it fixes the errors of the last update, and is a benefit to users as opposed to a headache...good luck

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

kinda like bill gates/microsoft & all the sp's to fix the previous sp.

0 Likes
Toyota4x4van
Contributor - Level 3

As you can see from the above "ad", it's nothing to write home about.  Fixed some glitches, cleaned up some stuff...nothing earthshattering, but no new headaches either.  Actually one of the smoother updates (I've been a part of each "soak test" since the rollout of Gingerbread back in May).  While I didn't say "COOL!!", I did at least say "cool".

0 Likes
moomba445

Got the update this morning, and my phone has been giving me nothing but constant problems. Resets every now and then, wireless going in and out, 3g not even working, the phone is jumpy and slow, and nothing works on it. When my phone resets, it hangs after the red Motorola sign pops up, and I have to do a battery pull. Not sure what this update actually did for the phone, but it seems like Gingerbread is nothing but a failure on Motorola...they should just update the X to ICS and be done with it...this would fix a lot of problems.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

wonderful news

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

@Moomba - can you confirm what your Version # is ??  Settings / About Phone  -  is it 4.5.621  ?? or what?  Very strange because it doesn't look like a general release has even started, only the SOAK (test) group so far.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

You may have to do a Factory Reset because it sound like the New software is not working to well with the Old. This new software brings the X up close to what's on the Razr an Razr Maxx. They have 2.3.6 an this is what's supposed to be on the Droid X. when Updated!

0 Likes
moomba445

I have 2.3.4, and I tried doing the factory reset. For some reason, my phone forced this update this morning.

0 Likes
moomba445

I have this version on my X.

4.5.621.MB810.Verizon.en.US

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

When you say you "tried a factory reset", what does that mean? You DID one or it failed?

0 Likes