DROID X has arrived!
Mark_VZW
Enthusiast - Level 2

DROID X has arrived. With a 4.3” screen, HDMI output, 720p HD video capture, all powered by a muscle-bound 1GHz processor. … it’s the next generation of does.  http://phones.verizonwireless.com/droid/x

0 Likes
Re: DROID X has arrived!
droidfan45

Only one complaint about the Droid X.  I'm not eligible for it. This eligibility rule does not work for smartphones.  I bought the Droid when it came out.  Now I want to get the Droid X for $199.  Very few customers are going to pay over $500 for a smartphone, including myself. 

I need to understand why customers should get turned away?  I can go to AT&T and pickup the iPhone 4 for $199 as a new customer.  This makes no sense to me.

I love everything about VerizonWireless, but this "Eligibility" rule needs to be fixed soon.  Maybe implement an exception for smartphones? exception for Droid devices. 

0 Likes
budone
Legend

droidfan45 wrote:

Only one complaint about the Droid X.  I'm not eligible for it. This eligibility rule does not work for smartphones.  I bought the Droid when it came out.  Now I want to get the Droid X for $199.  Very few customers are going to pay over $500 for a smartphone, including myself. 

I need to understand why customers should get turned away?  I can go to AT&T and pickup the iPhone 4 for $199 as a new customer.  This makes no sense to me.

I love everything about VerizonWireless, but this "Eligibility" rule needs to be fixed soon.  Maybe implement an exception for smartphones? exception for Droid devices. 

The reason you were able to get the Droid for whatever price it was is because you signed a contract stating you will remain a customer for 2 years. This is how Verizon recovers the subsidized price., If they offered  the X at a discounted price less than a year into a contract, everyone would switch phones as soon as a new one came out, thus eliminating the two year contracts. If  you were 13 months into your two year contract you could get the X at $199. That is actually a nice perk.

Yes, you are more than free to go to ATT and get a subsidized phone, but you will pay Verizon $280+ in ETF's.

You said, "I love everything about VerizonWireless, but this "Eligibility" rule needs to be fixed soon.  Maybe implement an exception for smartphones? exception for Droid devices."  I think the exception you want is for you.

0 Likes
Stevebecktech22

Haha, I agree... you cannot just expect to get the phone you want at the moment, even though it does suck that some people aren't eligible due to the fact that they still have a contract in progress. I always wait for my upgrades, just hold it up for a bit till that time comes around.

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

Stevebecktech22 wrote:

Haha, I agree... you cannot just expect to get the phone you want at the moment, even though it does suck that some people aren't eligible due to the fact that they still have a contract in progress. I always wait for my upgrades, just hold it up for a bit till that time comes around.

I think that the Droid X will be a smash hit awesome phone. But it is good to save money and if you wait (which you are) the phone will only be $199 at 2yr contract.

0 Likes
splicer8
Enthusiast - Level 3

If your contract ends anytime in 2010 you can upgrade at $199. If not there will probably be a better phone by the time you can upgrade.

droidfan45 wrote:

0 Likes
sixsticks

Anyone reading this who is considering replacing their Incredible with the Moto X....THINK AGAIN!

I purchased the Incredible and was quite impressed and really loved the phone.  2 weeks later I learned about the X coming out on July 15.  I mistakenly returned the Incredible for the X thinking I would have the same experience with the exception of having a larger screen.  WHAT A HORRIBLE MISTAKE I MADE!

The X has presented itself with so many problems such as the following:

1.  Keeps rebooting on its own (what a pain in the a$$) cannot live with this issue!

2.  Cannot access 3G

3.  Phone is not as fast and snappy pulling up websites as the Incredible

4.  Screen clarity is very muted and dull, not crisp like the Incredible

5.  Battery life is no better than the Incredible as is stated in the specs

So, I waited weeks to receive my Incredible, and was the 10th person in line yesterday to exchange for the X.  Now I'll have to wait weeks again to exchange back to the Incredible (8/4)

Save yourself the hassle I have put myself through with such an inferior phone as the X compared to the Incredible!  The Incredible is truly an awesome phone which I had no complaints with...just was hoping to have the same experience with the X and the benefit of a larger screen.  I couldn't have been more wrong.

0 Likes
jrl226

...or not for people who ordered online early but there order didn't get put in until that evening.  Complete & utter {word filter avoidance}
!!!

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

jrl226 wrote:

...or not for people who ordered online early but there order didn't get put in until that evening.  Complete & utter {word filter avoidance}
!!!

Many people were ordering online that I saw right around 12am. They were posting like crazy here on the forums.

0 Likes
droidfan450

Got my answer.  They offer 1 year contract online for $269.99...much much better than the full retail of $569.99. Awesome.  Hope that helps some people who don't want to wait every 2 years for a new phone.

0 Likes