Re: DROID X2 Problems
Reptra27

My X2 has most of the same issues. I have had it about 3 months and it is getting progressively worse as time goes on. It is at the point where I can do practically nothing without it freezing up. Sad to see that Verizon and Motorola are ignoring the problem. I have been a Verizon customer for years but I will not hesitate to switch carriers if they wont take care of their customers.

0 Likes
archer268
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm experiencing this frustration with my X2, as well. I would love to get a new phone, but the prices are terrible. I've had the phone for 10 months and I sincerely doubt that it will even last the remainder of my contract. Each day, I'm a little scared that it will reboot itself or freeze and not come back. If Verizon has 2-year contracts, then they should provide phones that will last [and work properly] for two years. One new 'feature' of my phone in the last few days is that I can get an app to work once and then I have to reboot the phone and remove the battery in order to use the same app again. Fun. GPS works occasionally, but it will drain my battery in about 15 minutes. If I need to use GPS, my destination is probably more than 15 minutes away, so it is basically useless. UGH!!! So frustrated!!!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Community,

I realize how important it is to have a functioning device and how frustrating it may be to exchange multiple devices and have the same difficulties.

As mentioned above we would definitely want to exhaust all possible troubleshooting.

Some troubleshooting steps I would advise would include:

- Removing unused or problematic apps such as Task Killers, AntiViruses, & Battery Savers.

- Utilizing Safe Mode to try and recreate the problems without any third party applications affecting the device performance.

- Hard Reset the device after your information is backed up.

If all of these steps have been completed I would continue to look forward to possible corrupted files on the SD Card.  This means backing up files to your computer (like pictures & videos) and formatting your SD Card. 

The final step I would recommend would be setting up a new gmail from scratch.  I list this as the final step as it will not retain any of your purchased apps/contacts/etc, so it may take some time to set yourself back up.

I know this is quite a bit, but I wanted to provide as much information as I had access to help.

I truly hope these steps will be the end of your frustrations.  If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to let us know!

Thank you!

MelissaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Slice1

I've had my phone for awhile now and was happy with it until, out of nowhere it started going dead after about three minutes. I can take it off the dock and go to read an email and before I can open the first email it would read  that the battery is dead and shut off. Has anyone else had this problem and does anyone know what I can do to fix this???  Someone please help.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Slice1,

Battery dying after 3 minutes is truly abnormal. How long after it's connected to the charger does it take to reflect that the charge is complete? Please verify you're using the charger that connects to the wall and not the USB to the computer. I recommend pulling the battery from the device, connecting the device to the charger (w/o the battery in) and wait for anything to appear on the screen. Once an image is on the screen, insert the battery into the device and leave it connected to the charger for at least two hours without turning it on. Once the two hours are done, disconnect the phone from the charger and power it on. Please keep us posted on the experience.

Thank you,
MariaC_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
reno4ski
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also have the same phone with most of the same problems. Its under insurance warranty and I feel I should get a NEW phone. Huge hassle replacing apps, speed dial numbers etc.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

reno4ski wrote:

I also have the same phone with most of the same problems. Its under insurance warranty and I feel I should get a NEW phone. Huge hassle replacing apps, speed dial numbers etc.

You phone is now a USED phone.  All insurance replacements through Aursion are refurbished devices.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Timbertrail

I too have the exact same problem. It keeps getting progressively worse. It stinks! I lose contacts, phone freezes - all of the issues everyone has listed here on this page!

Motorola and Verizon need to FIX this!

0 Likes
Timbertrail

Yeah - there's a reason they got them back! I have one...

0 Likes
maryv561

Everything that Techieobbip has said in his orginal post is correct.  But the icing on the cake Call button not working (takes 4-5 touches before it registers).  That bothers me the most.  When it finally goes through I have 2 calls going to the same person, says to merge calls.  Especially difficult when your calling 911 from your phone UGH!

I've also come to the conclusion that If I'm running multiple apps at the same time thats when the phone freezes, so I try to stop doing that. Its been tolerable.  Impatiently waiting for my upgrade 4/4/13!  New Phone! 

0 Likes