DROIDX MASTER KEY VULNERABILITY
Trumwine
Enthusiast - Level 1

Curious when Verizon is intending on releasing an OS patch to the Android v2.3.4 version running on the DROIDX devices, for the multiple "Master Key" vunerabilities that have been announced?

I have been using this phone for a litle over four years now and love it in spite of the fact Verizon and Motorola decided that an Android v4.x upgrade would not be released for this hardware. It works great and have no desire to replace it, but serious OS vulnerabilities are something that does require patching by Verizon, especially when the vulnerability in question, could allow your phone to be taken over and expensive calls to be placed without your knowledge, just to line someone elses pockets, or become part of a mobile BOT net. Let's go Verizon... Android Developers have already released update OS patches and sent them to the various OEM anufacturers and resellers, so you should have had this patch pushed out to us long before I asked about it here.

For those that wish to determine of your phone is also vulnerable to this OS Flaw, open Google Play, and install the BlueBox Security Scanner, released for just this purpose.,.

0 Likes
Re: DROIDX MASTER KEY VULNERABILITY
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It is my understanding that Google fixed it on the server side.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Trumwine
Enthusiast - Level 1

That's good to hear, but that won't fix the issue for other market places that people use like Amazon. By patching the device itself, it's the only way to be sure the issue has ben taken care of, since that's where the Android Developers said the core issue resides.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Don't use those other sources and keep the "install from unknown sources" off?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes