Daughter's Droid getting hot
franny63
Contributor - Level 1

Just got a Droid for my daughter from Ebay. She is saying it gets Hot and the battery life starts lessening.  I've been trying to research this but so far not finding too many answers. I see many people talk about it getting hot, but no answers?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Daughter's Droid getting hot
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

franny63 wrote:

I have the Incredible. She has a regular Droid. Mine is just fine. Hers gets very hot and the battery starts draining.

Thanks for letting us know your daughter as a regular Droid. Does the phone operating ok in spite of the reported issues? Do you know how long her phone is used before it gets very hot? Is she using her phone while its plugged into the charger? Adding to what was said, the longer a phone is used, the more energy is used in draining the battery. Also, the phone's temperature can increase to where it can get hot or very hot depending upon specific circumstances. It's suggested that she power off the device if it gets very hot. The the device has a way to cool down enough before it is turned back on for use.  However, in wanting to help further, please send me a private message with your name and your daughter's number. I'll contact you and go over some options in addressing your concerns with the Droid device. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Not applicable

@ franny63  Thanks for posting.  In regards to your phone issues I would like to know what kind of Droid you have?  Also, I would like to explain just what your normal battery expectations should be: the battery should be warm to the touch while in use and while the battery is charging.  In addition I would like to give you a couple of suggestions that would require attention/troubleshooting for battery issues: the battery should not have excessive heat or too hot to the touch and should not swell or rupture.

Here is our support website if you need further assistance in troubleshooting.  Hope this helps.  Thank you.

0 Likes
franny63
Contributor - Level 1

I have the Incredible. She has a regular Droid. Mine is just fine. Hers gets very hot and the battery starts draining.

0 Likes
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

franny63 wrote:

Thanks for letting us know your daughter as a regular Droid. Does the phone operating ok in spite of the reported issues? Do you know how long her phone is used before it gets very hot? Is she using her phone while its plugged into the charger? Adding to what was said, the longer a phone is used, the more energy is used in draining the battery. Also, the phone's temperature can increase to where it can get hot or very hot depending upon specific circumstances. It's suggested that she power off the device if it gets very hot. The the device has a way to cool down enough before it is turned back on for use.  However, in wanting to help further, please send me a private message with your name and your daughter's number. I'll contact you and go over some options in addressing your concerns with the Droid device. 

0 Likes