Dead area on phones screen
tdoes

The left area of my screen the width of a text character is inactive to touch!  Probably has to be taken for repairs but wanted to see if there might be a fix for this!

0 Likes
Re: Dead area on phones screen
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want you to have consistent screen performance tdoes! I would like to ask a few questions to gain a better understanding of the problem.

How long has your handset been behaving this way? When was the last time it worked properly? Has it been exposed to any physical or liquid damage? What type of messaging app are you using? Does it perform the same way when using the keyboard letters for searching your browser or typing an e-mail?

Let's get this figured out!

Sincerely,

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
kbb725

Hello the same problem started last friday.  I have tried a hard reset but it did no good.  There has been no physical or liquid damage to the phone.  Text or email it doesn't matter.  If you try to unlock the screen by sliding your finger down the middle of the screen it won't unlock,  however if you use the left side of the sreen it will unlock.

0 Likes
epc48

I have been having the same problem for approximately the last month. Resets do not work and there is no physical damage to the phone. Majority of problem is in center of the screen.

0 Likes
kbb725

I called HTC and they want $130 bucks to replace the screen.  So you have to put up with it or get an upgrade.

0 Likes
tdoes

How long has your handset been behaving this way?  For a approx. one month!

When was the last time it worked properly? two months ago

Has it been exposed to any physical or liquid damage?  It fell from approx, four feet to the ground once but wasn't malfunctioning afterwards!

What type of messaging app are you using? The default app!

Does it perform the same way when using the keyboard letters for searching your browser or typing an e-mail? Yes!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for all the info tdoes, kbb725, & epc48. It certainly sounds like we may be looking at one of the sensors under the screen malfunctioning if the phone is giving you trouble even after a reset. Kbb725, I noticed you mentioned you called HTC and they indicated there was a charge for replacing the screen. Generally, there's only a charge for repair or replacement if the phone is either beyond the warranty or if the warranty has been voided by any damage or misuse. If you upgraded to the Incredible 2 less than a year ago, there's a 1 year manufacturer’s warranty we can work with. If it's over a year old or there's any damage, check http://bit.ly/S3Tyol to see if you have insurance and confirm what your coverage is. No warranty & no insurance? No problem! That's when our Certified Pre-Owned Program www.verizonwireless.com/replacementcpo would come in handy. Or there's always the option of activating http://bit.ly/vtfshJ a spare Verizon phone that you have lying around or buy from another source.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes