Delete Backup Asst Droid X2
droiduser2011

Can someone please tell me how to delete Backup Assistant from my Droid X2. It tells me I have to visit VerizonWireless but I can't get anyone to help me.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Delete Backup Asst Droid X2
Wildman
Legend

You can not delete the application like bareone reported but if you have setup the app and you want to disable it you can go to Settings / Applications / Manager Applications / All Tab / Sync Services / Clear Data..

View solution in original post

0 Likes
verizonmoderator1

<Moved from "My Messaging & Media" space to "Droid X" space for more exposure.>

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

most folks backup with gmail contacts, i happen to use both.

b a is packaged & you can't delete it.

just select google as your backup, when asked & don't use or designate b a as your backup program..

0 Likes
droiduser2011

Thanks for the info. I appreciate it.

JW

-

bearone21 <community@verizonwireless.com> wrote:

bearone21 created the discussion

"Re: Delete Backup Asst Droid X2"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/792854#792854

0 Likes
B33
Legend

droiduser2011: I my self i use Google for my back up for my Contacts when i do a F.R. for instance i do the necessary things for the factory reset then as soon as i log into my Account my Contacts are flow right in. when i got my new Razr Maxx as soon as i logged in the contacts were on my phone in mere seconds but B U A is also a good thing if you want a second back up. B33

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

You can not delete the application like bareone reported but if you have setup the app and you want to disable it you can go to Settings / Applications / Manager Applications / All Tab / Sync Services / Clear Data..

0 Likes
swimom

I sync with Companion Link.  If I follow your instructions, will that disable my ability to sync with CL?

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I do not know because I am not using Companion Link but it shouldn't effect it because the setting should be application related so Companion Link should have its own settings all together because it doesn't ask that users set up BA to get it to work.

If I had to guess I would say you should be ok and it shouldn't effect the app..

0 Likes
swimom

Seems to have worked and I can sync just fine with CL. Thanks.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Good to hear it has worked for you....  Glad to help..

0 Likes