Deleting an email address from history
cityofoaks

My husband incorrectly entered my email address once while attempting to send me an email message and now that email address (along with my others) shows up in a list when he starts typing my name to send me an email.  This is in a Mail account (ie. earthlink, road runner etc) and NOT Gmail.  The incorrect email address shows "History" off to the right of the choice so I assume there is a marker somewhere but to save my life, I haven't been able to find it. 

The incorrect address shows up first in the pull down list so he frequently chooses it instead of the correct one.  Twice this was a fairly important business message, not just "hi, how're you doing"  so I'd really like to be able to figure out how to delete this email contact. 

I've searched forums and find lots of people with this problem but no solutions.  Can anyone here help?!?!?  Pretty please!!!  Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Re: Deleting an email address from history
Not applicable

Hello cityofoaks, welcome to the community! There is not a way to delete the e-mail history, as this is based on messages that were previously sent. Two things you can try are clearing cache from your Mail application, and if that doesn't work, delete the e-mail account from the phone and re-add it.

MarquiaF_VZW

Follow us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Deleting an email address from history
cityofoaks

Thank you for the reply.

I had already tried clearing the cache but that didn't work.  I have not tried deleting the email account and re-adding it since he has a couple of messages that he'd like to keep on the phone.  I suppose I could always send those messages to a different account (maybe his Gmail account), delete the Mail account, re-add the Mail account then send the messages from the Gmail account to his re-added Mail account.

One thing that I did come up with that might help some other people with this same problem is to add a shortcut to my email address to one of his pages.  This would really only help someone who entered an email address for someone that they correspond with on a regular basis.  Now all he does is tap the shortcut icon which bypasses the drop down list.

0 Likes