Dialer just recently (phone is 3 yrs old!) started eating battery like candy. Why?
lkerb

I've read MANY older, unhelpful posts about the Dialer using lots of battery for other models and that Verizon and HTC deny knowing anything about it.  Anyone have an answer.  My apologies if a solution was posted somewhere, but I haven't found it.

Details:  I have a fairly old Incredible 2 (about 3 yrs).  Just the last two weeks I started having serious battery life issues.  Doing some investigating (I'm an engineer, just not this kind of engineer!), I discovered the Dialer just eating the battery.  Everything is basically turned off (not in Airplane mode, though).  Suggestions from earlier posts included some stuff that was already off (and had been for a while).  So today, fully charged as of 7 am, 50% of battery by noon. NO CALLS, good service (not searching constantly), sitting still on my desk at work, been too busy to even touch it.  But checked the battery (since I'd been having issues) at it was 50%...looked at battery use widget and discovered Dialer was culprit.  Last call was at 5 pm last night.  Charged on AC all night.

Ideas?

0 Likes
Re: Dialer just recently (phone is 3 yrs old!) started eating battery like candy.  Why?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ikerb,

Oh my, sorry to hear your phone is dying rather quickly. Since you purchased your phone have you purchased a new battery? Or has it been the same battery since out of the box?

KarenC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes