Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
Disconnect call to get off of speakerphone
cincy82

Is there an answer for why the Droid Charge forces you to end a speakerphone call altogether when trying to get the screen back after it times out?  I can't take the call off of speakerphone without ending the call w/the power button.  Yet another absolutely crazy reason why I won't ever recommend this phone to anyone...along with the ridiculously short battery life - it's so ANNOYING!!!

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Disconnect call to get off of speakerphone
Ann154
Super User
Super User

Try checking the dialer settings or the accessibility setting to see if you have the power button set to end the call.  Uncheck it and you should be able turn the screen on to access the dialer screen while on a call.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Re: Disconnect call to get off of speakerphone
junebug957

I am having the same problem.  This week, I spent some time on the phone with Verizon's tech department.  The representative determined that it's the proximity censor and also told me that it has nothing to do with the settings.  Mine's always done this but I haven't had time to deal with it until now.  I received my replacement phone two days ago which happens to be refurbished.  I'm not so thrilled about that, but we will see if the problem is the same on the new Charge.  I'm in the process of setting it up right now.

0 Likes