Do we need to have an antivirus installed on our phone
mrbig29

I am new to the android smart phones.  Do we really need to have an antivirus program installed on our phones.  What are the pros and cons?  Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Re: Do we need to have an antivirus installed on our phone
sHaY_j
Contributor - Level 3

Check out this thread below to give you an outlook on the antivirus apps.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-general-discussions/23232-what-antivirus-better.html

Hope this helps!

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

in a word.....no.

0 Likes
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3
I use lookout app. It's nice because it backs up files automatically, gps locates my lost phone, disabled my lost phone, and scans my apps for safety purposes like if its an app for wallpapers and they want my texting info Lookout will tell me its suspicious. Another reason is Android is getting very popular and people suspect viruses in the future. Did I mention this app is free?
0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

that's a good point. you didn't used to need it for macs....then apple got real popular....and now you have viruses. i've heard though, that aren't true viruses for apps....just buggy, unstable, or unsafe apps (like you mentioned....unnecessarily gathering info, etc).

0 Likes
turf1856
They said the same about Apple... some, somehow still believe it. Viruses are inevitable anyone that claims otherwise is nuts.
0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

Some people choose to use it to be safe. Check out the app called Lookout Security.It's a free app in the market that you can get

0 Likes