Don't have, can't find clock display after factory reset
kllr

My Incredible got stuck in a boot loop after using Google Maps Navigation (again) and I did a factory reset. After the reset, the clock, city and weather display is missing from the top of the home screen. I can't find this anywhere.. Anyone know where it is? Adding the clock app from the drawer just puts the shortcut on my home screen, not the display (I want the display back as shown on the stock photo of the Incredible.) Thanks for any help, Kathy

0 Likes
Re: Don't have, can't find clock display after factory reset
AZSALUKI
Legend

You need to add a widget. A widget is like an app except that its live (always open andrunning on the screen). I forget how on the incredible, but try long pressing the home screen and see if you can add a widget from there. You will need enought space on the screen (4x2 probably). If that doesn't work then maybe in your app drawer there is a tab for wWidgets. If so, long press the one you want and drag it to where you want it.

0 Likes
kllr

I wasn't clear in my original post...the widget is missing altogether, not only the display but it is no longer an option among the preinstalled widgets. It's not there in the list. Kathy

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Did you scroll through all the clock widgets? I believe it is the 3rd one if memory serves me from 3+ years ago

0 Likes
kllr

That is the problem, somehow after this factory reset there are no clock widgets to scroll through, none are there. No htc preloaded clock widgets at all. Kathy

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I love that widget too, kllr. The master reset on your Incredible should not wipe out pre-installed widgets on your phone, and would only wipe out widgets nd apps installed from the market. It should be in your list of available widget http://vz.to/174clH8 as "weather". You can even select the option to get more HTC widgets to customize your phone if the widget you're looking for may have been downloaded to the phone.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
kllr

Thank you Jennifer, I know the factory reset should not have removed the widgets the phone came preinstalled with. However, after I did the reset is when the clock/weather display went missing from my home screen (I am talking about the one shown on the stock photo.) Then, when I go to the widget drawer, no clock or weather widget is there anymore--it used to be there. I looked at the link you provided and though that shows the widgets in order, on my phone the clock and weather widgets are not in the list. I used to have the widgets as shown at your link, but following the factory reset I do not have any clocks or weather widgets. I do now have one labeled "news and weather" but that does not restore the preinstalled clock widget on my home screen.

Do you have any other suggestions? I have never downloaded any other clock widgets to this phone. What I want and am missingboth from my home screen and from my list of preinstalled appsis the htc clock and weather widget that is shown in the stock photos of HTC Incredible.

Thanks,

Kathy

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

if i remeber right, htc removed a handful of widgets, and i "think" replaced it with one labeled "htc" or "sense" or something. you would select that one and then there were a few more to choose from or it gave an option to download some more. is there and widgets labeled htc or sense?

0 Likes
kllr

Hi, no there are no widgets named 'htc' or 'sense' on either the main widget page or the dropdown labeled "Get more HTC widgets" 😞  Thank you though, Kathy

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ahh! Thanks for the information, Kathy! Do you notice these applications/widgets running in the background still? Check Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Running. If you don't notice them within running check within the "All" tab.

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes