Downloading music issues
Dreamer1215

I have the Driod X, and, for the most part, I'm happy with it.  I've had a few "quirks" with it that have been answered here on the boards.  I have looked back over 20 pages of posts & not seen anyone with this problem, so I'm hoping someone can help...

For the past few days I've not been able to preview or download music from either of my free music downloading apps.  I can play the songs I have previously downloaded.  I've powered down & on, pulled the battery out, pulled the SD card out & let it sit for 5 minutes, and even did a "clear cache" and reboot this morning.  Same result.  I tried it on my son's phone (Ally) and he has the same problem.  One app says "Selected playlist is empty" or "No music is playing" & will show that it is downloading, but when I click to play, I get those messages.  The other app just sits there, mocking me.

I'm not a "tech", I do know I have the 2.3.3 version, but I have no clue when you talk about "gingerbread" or "ice cream cones" or anything else like that.  In fact, it took me a few minutes to follow Wildman's directions on how to do the clear cache powering up with the home button!  lol  Hopefully it's an easy answer.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Downloading music issues
Cody21
Master - Level 2

OK, that link directs me to a non-Market site ...  e.g., not "approved" by Verizon/Google's Market...  So no idea what's going on .. but I won't DL it to test it for you, sorry ...  I have no confidence in 3rd party sites like that.

There are several "MP3 Music Download" APPS in the approved Market ... Here's one such FREE one:

https://market.android.com/details?id=great.app.luck&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImdyZW...

You may consider using a different APP and see if your issue goes away.  good luck.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

Which APP are you using?

0 Likes
Dreamer1215

Sorry - I'm using MP3 Music Download and Music Download Paradise.  The 1st one is the one where I get "Selected playlist is empty" or "No music is playing" (gee...really? lol) messages, and the 2nd one is the one that does nothing.  I even downloaded a few other APPs, and got the same results from them, and uninstalled them after I tried them. 

Like I said, I haven't had any problems before, occasionally I would get the messages from the MP3 Music download one, but I would usually just turn the phone off for a few minutes, turn it back on & everything was fine.  Today, I tried them again, and I was actually able to download 1 song on the MP3 APP, and I tried the other one, when I put in "Rocky Mountain High" by John Denver, it stayed idle for the actual John Denver songs, and would only play someone's cover version of it.  When I went back to the MP3 one, it was back to the "Playlist is empty"/"No music" again. 

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

Which MP3 Music Download ... there are 3 of them ...  are you using the one that says "No Ads" ???

0 Likes
Dreamer1215

The guy @ the Verizon store downloaded it for me in April when I got my phone....When I open it up, underneath the heading, it says www.vikymusic.com.  The icon is a black & gry speaker with a red note in front of it, if that helps. 

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

OK, that link directs me to a non-Market site ...  e.g., not "approved" by Verizon/Google's Market...  So no idea what's going on .. but I won't DL it to test it for you, sorry ...  I have no confidence in 3rd party sites like that.

There are several "MP3 Music Download" APPS in the approved Market ... Here's one such FREE one:

https://market.android.com/details?id=great.app.luck&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImdyZW...

You may consider using a different APP and see if your issue goes away.  good luck.

0 Likes
Dreamer1215
Thank you. That seems to be working for me. The thing is, I was actually looking at that one...don't know why I never downloaded it before!
0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

Cool ... glad you found something that works...   best to you.

0 Likes