Droid 2 Global 2.3.3 (update)upgrade
MystixAzN
So last night my droid 2 global just recently got an upgrade from froyo to gingerbread. Mind you this is Sept 4th when I got it. So far the update (upgrade) is looking good. The speed is better and the whole software looks nice. My phone didn't come with most sounds that were originally on the droid 2 like they didn't have the actual robot voice saying "Droidddd". This upgrade brought back most things that were missing. The interface is pretty smooth. The upgrade brought new things to the phone as well and made things easier.

Did anyone else get this update/ upgrade on their droid globals? I read on some places that some people did and some didn't.
0 Likes
Re: Droid 2 Global 2.3.3 (update)upgrade
lvmydxntmysvc

Have you turned it off? If not.. turn it off and leave it off for about 30 - 40 minutes or so to see if it will automatically turn back on.

(Actually, I think it was about the 4th time I turned mine off that it started doing this).

I have DROID X and a DROID 2... I updated the DROIDX to GB.. have NOT done the DROID 2.

My DROIDX is base.. NEVER rooted and has never downloaded any apps other than update the ones on it. The DROID2 has had some apps downloaded and has NEVER been rooted.

Now, I have to turn off the DROID X 4 times or more to get it to stay off.

Thought I had the way to shut it down figured out the other night, but that is not working either. :smileysad:

0 Likes
MystixAzN
On your. Droid 2 will you be upgrading or no? Because after the upgrade as well I just notice my physical keyboard doesn't light up anymore.
0 Likes
MystixAzN
Actually it does that every now and then
0 Likes
apollolanding
Enthusiast - Level 1

Updated yesterday 2011/09/06 and overall I like the update.  It downloaded and installed with no errors.  I did sit close to a cell tower and made sure to have all bars and 3G.  Finally I can sort my contacts, last name first, alphabetically!  Seems to manage power better and reception is about the same... In the swamps and pinelands of Southern NJ... it is spotty at best.  But that's all carriers, all phones. :smileyindifferent:

The only issues so far:  in the car dock, Google Maps doesnt go to my actual location if I'm moving.  No more dedicated emoticon button on the touchscreen for text messaging.  When you long press the punctuation key you have to slide your finger across the bottom edge of the screen to get the lower row of marks... you should just swipe over to the actual mark button.

2.3.3 isn't a "game changer" for D2G but rather a nice tune up.  Iron out the last few kinks and all will be sweet!   

0 Likes
mmagee

Overall upgrade looks nice.  Is there someplace to find the major changes?  Looks like I now have a dock that can be changed but I can't seem tofind the trash can to get rid of apps on a given page

0 Likes
Not applicable

Mmagee, you can find details of the software upgrade on our support site. Also, in the dock, you can long press the icon to replace it with another application. 

0 Likes