Droid 2 Global Apps Force Closing Constantly
brian_g05

Hi, I had my Droid 2 Global for about a year. Last week, it started to lock up, and the screen began to randomly select locations and do sporadic scrolling. It was completely unusable. Fortunately (or so I thought) I was under warranty and got a free replacement. This phone has its own plethora of problem right out of the box. For starters, the speaker sounds like it was blown by the previous owner (it's factory re-certified, which they claim has a 100+ point inspection, you would think that the speaker would be one of those...), and additionally the apps on the phone constantly crash and close to the desktop. Most the the apps crash between immediately upon opening, or within 30 seconds. The most troublesome apps so far have been the stock Calendar and Browser apps, and Facebook. Those are 3 of my 4 most commonly used apps on my phone, so it's basically worthless to me now. I've only had this replacement for 6 days.

I don't want to fork over 300 dollars plus pay for an early upgrade again (had to do that when my last android phone died after 53 weeks, with a 52 week warranty, to which Verizon said "Too bad, so sad." That's when I got the Droid 2 Global, which lasted about 54 weeks. I'm getting very suspicious here, though I try to avoid conspiracy theories. Does anyone have any ideas what may be causing this? I don't have many apps installed besides the stock apps that come on it, maybe 20 or so, half of which are various Google apps (Docs, Skymap, Voice, etc) I'm hesitant to try for another replacement because it will be another hassle and likely just another broken piece of junk.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

0 Likes
Re: Droid 2 Global Apps Force Closing Constantly
JoeL_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello brian_g05

I was very upset after reading your post. You should have a good replacement device! Yes our replacements do pass an inspection prior to being shipped out. There shouldn't be any issue with the speaker. Let's look into this with you.

Do you have the device on the loudest setting? If so please turn down by 1 and retest. Do you experience this problem with device on speakerphone or when playing music?

The problem with the applications crashing may be related to one of the 20 downloaded applications or a combination of the applications. Do you have any antivirus or advanced task killer applications installed? If so please remove and retest.

Please power the device in safe mode and see if it crashes when using the browser. Here's a link for safe mode: http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=37821

Please try these steps and let me know if you still run into any issues.

Thank you

JoeL_VZW

Please follow us on twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
brian_g05

The speaker problem is present at all volume levels, but is less noticeable if the volume is below about 25%.

I had Lookout mobile security installed, so per your direction I uninstalled it and restarted the phone. Apps still randomly crash. Sometimes they will be open and work fine, and a few times a day they get into a rut where they crash quickly after opening, and will crash every time they are opened after that. It seems like if I pull the battery for 30 seconds, then replace and power on again the problem seems to go away. It has persisted with a regular power down/back on. All of the apps I have currently were on my original Droid 2 Global, and I never had this issue with apps crashing, so I don't suspect they they are the cause, but I won't rule it out.

Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 15:50:45 -0700

To: supersaiyan_33@hotmail.com

Subject: - Re: Droid 2 Global Apps Force Closing Constantly

created by Joe L in DROID & DROID 2 by Motorola - View the full discussion

Hello brian_g05 I was very upset after reading your post. You should have a good replacement device! Yes our replacements do pass an inspection prior to being shipped out. There shouldn't be any issue with the speaker. Let's look into this with you. Do you have the device on the loudest setting? If so please turn down by 1 and retest. Do you experience this problem with device on speakerphone or when playing music? The problem with the applications crashing may be related to one of the 20 downloaded applications or a combination of the applications. Do you have any antivirus or advanced task killer applications installed? If so please remove and retest. Please power the device in safe mode and see if it crashes when using the browser. Here's a link for safe mode: http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=37821 Please try these steps and let me know if you still run into any issues. Thank youJoeL_VZWPlease follow us on twitter @vzwsupport

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Verizon Wireless Community

Start a new discussion in DROID & DROID 2 by Motorola by email or at Verizon Wireless Community

© 2011 Verizon Wireless

Verizon Wireless | One Verizon Way | Mail Code: 180WVB | Basking Ridge, NJ 07920

We respect your privacy. Please review our privacy policy for more information.

Not interested in these emails anymore, or want to change how often they come? Update your email preferences.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hello brian_g05,

Thank you for getting back to us! We also appreciate you walking through all of the troubleshooting steps. We would love to review your issue further on an individual level. Would you please send me a Direct Message with your mobile number and name? If it is a hardware issue with the speaker, we may need to replace the device.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Katie H

VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes