Re: Droid 2 Global - Cannot Hear Callers
artemis444

I bought my first Droid 2 Global in January.
The volume problem started within 1 week. I asked for help, went to the store, etc. They claimed to fix the problem. Still had problem off and on.  At 5 weeks out, I took it back to the store. They said no problem, we'll get you a new one. I recieved another phone, but refurbished. I complained to no avail. I am stuck with a refurbished $600. phone and now the refurbished phones volume just stopped working!!!!!!! This sucks.

Any suggestions?? Thanks.:smileysad:

0 Likes
Nazrix

I am having the same problem as well.

Just got the Droid 2 Global today from Asurion since they were out of Droid 2s for an insurance claim.

I receive a call, the volume was INCREDIBLY silent, as if they were far across the room.  I clicked "speaker" but it did nothing at all (like someone else mentioned.)

I read you can take the battery out to fix it, and I did that, and the problem resolved... But then it happened again later.

This is unacceptable, I am an attorney and require my phone for business calls with superiors and clients.  The most important feature for me is that the phone work as a phone (to make calls).

I have seen over 75 posts about this issue on various internet message boards related to the Droid 2 Global.

My firmware is up-to-date, and no further updates can be installed.

Verizon and Motorola need to fix this issue immediately (it's already been 2-3 months since this issues was first reported).  These devices may be defective as phones on a wide scale, as an attorney I do not find this situation to be acceptable, and Motorola/Verizon is taking a big risk by delaying a fix or failing to recall the device.

If any Verizon Employee/Representative is reading this, please escalate this issue to the highest level.

Thank you.

0 Likes
tlhcoll1

If you have downloaded the app "Quick Settings" try adjusting the "system volume".  Just tried it on our phone and it seems to have corrected the problem.  Hopefully, setting will stay and not reset itself.  

0 Likes
oakesone

I'm on my third Droid 2 Global because of the phone volume problem.  I just received the third one and pulled the battery on the second one to set up the new one.  After replacing it in the second one, the volume now works.  I have the current version of the software.  You would think Verizon would get tired of replacing phones. I suspect Verizon thinks it's a Motorola problem and vice versa.  Please report that version 2.4.330.A956.Verizon.en.US did not correct the problem.

0 Likes
gun212

I just received a replacement for my Droid 2 with a Droid 2 Global.  After 1 day having the phone I've had the volume problem twice now.  Both times I had to take the battery out and reboot the phone.  I called technical support and they offered to send me another phone.  I told the person yes I want another phone, something besides a DROID.  They laughed and said sorry we are not having trouble with the phone. 

They need to fix this problem now.

0 Likes
BobInLA

Yup...just got my phone at the end of April and just last night this problem started.  Up to date on all software, firmware, etc., unchecked Voice Privacy.  But ultimately had to reboot phone to fix.  I hope this won't be an ongoing problem.  I switched over from AT&T and haven't had a dropped call -- now I just have to hang up and dial back, as I can't hear anything!  

0 Likes
xyvyx

Haven't had this problem on my D2G... 

got the phone the day it was released to replace my D1.  Granted, I don't talk on it a whole lot, so it's possible I had the problem & never noticed. 

Also, a couple months after I bought it, I noticed that it was lightning-fast at some times, but then would slow down to a crawl at others & that the battery life was pretty pathetic... So I uninstalled what I could, but still had problems.  I went through the process of rooting the phone, then removed a handful of the apps that Verizon forces you to run (and some run as background services even if unused...).  That helped quite a bit & it became as usable as my D1.  It's also possible (although not sure which) that one of these apps was interacting w/ the volume levels... this sounds like a software glitch to me.

If you restart the phone vs. pulling the battery, is the effect the same?  Use either the standard power-shutdown method OR the 3-button method on the keypad (SHIFT + ALT + DEL)...

-Chris

0 Likes
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi Gun212,

Thank you for your feedback volume issue. After having the volume issue twice for the one day you mentioned having the Droid Two, perhaps there was an application or something else happening on your device that interfered with you being able hear your caller. Please check your device to see if there is something that can conflict with the volume. Also, try adjusting the volume while your on the call your having trouble with to see if that helps you to be able to set it the volume to a level where you can hear your caller. I am providing a link that can be accessed to reference information about the your device if you you need more assistance.

The link is : http://support.vzw.com/clc/devices/index.html

0 Likes
Fad3c

I have the same problem. Had to take the battery out before every call. Got a replacement from Verizon, only for it to happen within 5 days again so here I go battery out battery back in. Factory reset great it works... Nope it started again. Called Verizon. Of course Verizon was/is not aware of any of such issues. I guess they might want to read the Forums from time to time. Got my 3rd device today. Lets see how long that lasts.

0 Likes
Yerzhan

hello,

I have the same problem with my Motorola D2G using GSM/3G radio in Kazakhstan and it is more than frustrating!

i can't speak as normal to people and not afraiding of that my device can go wrong and neither me nor other person will not hear each other

and If it happens I need to text them to sorry and reboot the phone or pull the battery out and back to solve this problem for a while

when Verizon or Motorola eventually solve this problem with hearing during the call?

here is the problem discussion but you checked it as solved when actually it is not sovled.

and the latest firmware does not solve the issue with hearing

look forward to your reaction

if the issue won't be solved within a month, i will buy SGS 2 and never Motorola's and Verizon's devices

0 Likes