Droid 2 Global: Experiencing call issues since Gingerbread update
ak258

I've been experiencing issues with placing/receiving calls since the recent update. When I place calls my phone seems as if the call is connecting but I can't hear the phone ringing and when someone else calls me and I cannot hear them when I answer the call. Has anyone else experienced this issue. I have powered off my phone twice and it seems to correct the issue but this is the second occurrence.

Also, I have noticed my phone power back on without my assistance when I powered it off. I noticed their are several threads about this issue. 

0 Likes
Re: Droid 2 Global: Experiencing call issues since Gingerbread update
gribble

Don't let this thread die.  I too have had recieving and dialing call issues ever since the Gingerbread update.  I can't hear the caller on the other end but they can hear me.  It'll do this if I call out or recieve a call.  Resetting the phone fixes it temporarily but it seems to come back at random times.  Even tried a hard reset and it worked fine for awhile but now the issue is back.  Sad how this is a good phone but the basic use is unreliable now.  

0 Likes
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello gribble,

I am more than happy to assist you with the audio issue that you have been having with your Droid 2 Global. I would like to research and confirm that you have the correct software version on your device. May I ask what software version, baseband version, and kernel version do you have the device? Also, do you get the same issue when you use an earpiece with your device? I have posted some troubleshooting steps for you to try on the device. They are as follows:

Place a call on speakerphone to see if the audio issue still exists

Turn off bluetooth and wifi in settings

Do a battery pull and update your PRL by calling *228 send then select option 2

Perform a factory data reset (See link below for steps)

http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=37573

Prior to completing a hard reset, I encourage that all contacts and calendar entries are backed up. Archival options from contacts are backup assistant and the Gmail account, which can backup calendar entries as well. Once you have completed the factory reset, please test the device's audio quality over the next three days without any apps downloaded from the Market place. If the issue persist without any apps from the Market on the device then please reply to this message for additional assistance.

Thank you...

0 Likes
mtad

I am having the same issue with my wife's phone. I've already done the battery pull, hard reset, factory reset, warranty exchange, and removed bluetooth profiles. If anyone finds a solution please pass it on! Our contract is up and she wants to jump ship to AT&T. 

0 Likes
gribble

Hello Arnett,

Here is my phone's system information

Software version: 4.5.608.A956

Base: N.01.80.00R

Kernel: 2.6.32.9-gb092e69w36084@ca25rhe92#2

I will try those options and see what happens.

0 Likes
spartan948265

HORRAY IM NOT THE ONLY ONE WHOS HAVING THIS ISSUE!

But seriously come on verizon get a fix out to us! Ever since Gingerbread came out the issue has appeared. If I were to get a droid 2 global without it then the issue is none existant...

0 Likes
gribble
Ok its been three days so far. No call issues on stock DROID 2 global with no apps installed. Not even updates.

Of course having no apps, is no fun.
0 Likes