Re: Droid 2 Global - Major problems - HHEELLPP!!!
gdice1
Enthusiast - Level 1

My family and I have had similar issues with our 4 phones, since the so called update. These phones worked flawlessly until we were force fed the software update! It was a great phone, but they can no longer be trusted with the new updated operating system! Our phones are months away from discounted hardware upgrades, so we are currently hostages to the problems, unless we want to PAY full price for updates. -- I realize that this is not a Verizon caused issue -- but I would have hoped they would at least offer loyal customers either a good low(NO) cost early hardware upgrade to a new phone that works to help alleviate the problem or at a minimum, an option to "downgrade" the system on the existing phones to the previous settings! HELP VERIZON!

0 Likes
thejohnsonzoo
Enthusiast - Level 2

Do NOT take no for an answer till they send you a Droid 3 or something.  I have four kids and I understand the need for a phone.   (They DO have droid 2's to send out (reconditioned) - they sent me one but it eventually had the same problem!) 

THIS ISSUE IS ALL OVER THIS BOARD.  THIS IS MY RESPONSE TO SAME QUESTION FROM ANOTHER PERSON:

The locking up while typing text or emails and throwing you out to the internet or wherever was caused by the software update in Sept 2011.  My phone was perfectly fine until this update - absolutely NO problems.   I have had this issue on 3 phones since then (VERIZON would send me new phones because they thought it was a phone problem) - IT IS NOT THE PHONE!  They replace it and it happens in another 4-6 weeks.  "Clearing the Cache" / clearing data works for awhile then you have to clear it again or do another "fix".  This is not a $9.99 phone - I should not have to clear anything but maybe my emails every 4-6 weeks and this was not a problem till they forced the software update on us!  I asked both Verizon and Motorola to restore my phone to the previous software and they refused to do this.

I honestly cannot believe that  if Verizon has been having this problem since Sept that they are still giving answers with random solutions on these boards (look at some of the others with the same problems).   They did a factory reset on my 2nd droid 2 and all it did was cause me work to reinstall eveything.  The problems came back 6 wks later.  They have records of all the times I have called (phone has had this problem about once a month since Sept) and the fixes they have tried - doesn't anyone look into this stuff?!

I was only able to text if I didn't leave a space between my words - IJustCapitalizedTheFirstLetterOfEachWord - but if I accidentally hit the space bar I was screwed - it would lock up! This has happened so many times since Sept that my family and friends now know when my phone is messing up again by my texts - time to call Verizon!!!

My recommendation - keep a record of all your calls with Verizon - dates, times, length of phone call, who you talked to, etc.  Do NOT leave them alone till your phone is working correctly...do not settle.  I used to LOVE my phone - now I just hate Motorola!  Verizon should be pushing Motorola to fix this!!!  Motorola was NO help after over an hour and a half on the phone (with numerous people from the Philippines & FLA).  They said they had no issues with the Droid 2!  Huh?  Do they read the internet or communicate with Verizon?!?!  Good luck!

0 Likes
mnetcon

I have the FIX for this problem

Had same problem on both my phones. Went to VZ store before and they said do a Factory reset.. well, I did not and went back today and they said Motorola Finally found out why the texting would freeze.

First the fix.

go to your home page.

get into setup

go to language and keyboard.click multi-touch key board setting

unclick next word prediction. exit and your problem will be fixed.

Seem with the new up grade that item is preset on. turn it off and the key board returns to normal.

Did it to both the phones. went back to normal

0 Likes
mnetcon

I have the FIX for this problem

Had same problem on both my phones. Went to VZ store before and they said do a Factory reset.. well, I did not and went back today and they said Motorola Finally found out why the texting would freeze.

First the fix.

go to your home page.

get into setup

go to language and keyboard.click multi-touch key board setting

unclick next word prediction. exit and your problem will be fixed.

Seem with the new up grade that item is preset on. turn it off and the key board returns to normal.

0 Likes
thejohnsonzoo
Enthusiast - Level 2

The question is, will it last?  The "Clear the cache/data" only lasts for 4-6 weeks.

Verizon guy tonight told me the solution was to go into the settings/.../keyboard and clear everything - not just next word prediction - not sure exactly which settings he meant (don't need it any more, see next paragraph).  He said it works.  I told him Verizon should tell all their tech people and maybe tell Motorola who earlier this week told me there are no problems/issues with the phone.  If they had given me the right answer in Sept I wouldn't have been so upset.

Got Verizon to send me a Droid3 - got it today.  Absolutely free - No charges- not even shipping.  Guess I got the right person on the right day but I kept detailed records of my phone calls and I didn't back down...I feel like I deserved at least that for all the time I spent trouble shooting this issue on my phone (almost every month since Sept).  Hopefully the Droid3 works ok!!!

0 Likes
shoes4everyoccasion

My phone that I have had issues with (see prior post) decided to start locking me out last night.  I can't unlock it unless I pull the battery out and then put it back in.  Then it will temporarily allow me to unlock it for oh, about 10-20 minutes at a time.  I did a factory reset on it... still no help.  I called Verizon, and the ladies I spoke with were very helpful.  The one tried to have me buy another phone since my phone is not under warranty and has not been for about 8 months, and I took this guys advice and told them NO. With the sheer number of crappy phones that I have had, 5 to date, they should fix it. Not me.  I mentioned how it's not just my phone, that there are many people out there with these issues, and that I've followed every "help line" out there.  I convinced them to send me another Global2 refurbished phone... they would not upgrade to the Global3.  To be fair, the first 4 I had were new, and they were utter crap.  The 5th one was a refurbished phone and it was ok until they updated the software... that is until this latest issue of the not unlocking.   So, I'm hoping that this 6th phone will work out better.   I refuse to pay for a new phone until my two years are up.  That's just not fair.  Motorola needs to fix this issue.

0 Likes
MGr33n

I have the same problems re the ghost calls. (the texting and shutting down are minor in comparison) It is most frustrating because this is my only telephone. First and foremost the phone part needs to be working. I am about to receive my 3rd refurbished replacement and am sure the same problems will arise. "thejohnsonzoo" you are fortunate to find someone at Verizon that actually cares. I find myself wasting hours on the telephone with customer support and hours at the store... to no avail. At the very least I want a different model equivalent phone.

Do you hear me Verizon, a response from someone with some authority to fix this long time on going problem for a long time customer would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello MGr33n! Thank you for sharing your concern on the issue that you are having with your device. Such feedback is greatly appreciated as we communicate these issues with the manufacturer. You stated that you are having a replacement sent to you. I am interested in your experience with the replacement device. I will look forward to your next reply. ^AH

0 Likes
LeisaRN

I am on my 3rd (or 4th) replacement phone and this phone is starting to do the same thing.  SOOOOO tired of having to wait for the replacement, transfer my contacts, etc just to have the same thing happen again.  Wasting time on the phone, and mailing back the old phone.  Why cant you just send a new model that WORKS!!!  I am not due for an upgrade until Feb.  NOT happy with the Droid 2 global. 

0 Likes
tourettesgirl

OMG! I had the same problem back in November 2011. My droid 2 would freeze and dial by itself. I would be speaking to someone on speaker and not touching the phone and then the phone would be going to apps and flickering - being possessed. And overheat all the time, I felt it was going to explode. I was scared. So I took it in to be seen and they were amazed about how possessed it was and they will send me a new one. So I am like ok. I got it and that one did the same thing in a month. Now I am coming up to my upgrade time on January 13th and it was December 30th when I couldn't use it at all. So I called and explained what was going on and I would like to get an early upgrade since I don't want droid again. They said sure - but you have to pay for a FULL PRICE of the phone of your choice. I wanted to get the iphone since that is a good phone. But I wasnt about to 600.00 for it when i have a glitchy phone that I cant use. So they sent me a replacement yet again and sure enough same problem. Now when I got the replacement it was January 10th, keep in mind my upgrade is in three days, it was still buggy and I just wanted to get rid of the droid and switch to apple but I couldnt get an upgrade even though it was two days away. They would have to send me yet another replacement. I DON'T WANT ANOTHER REPLACEMENT! I want another phone! Sorry, I think I got off topic. But to answer the question - Droid 2 Globals SUCK!

0 Likes