Re: Droid 2 Global Reboots & Blank Screen issues
ncshawng

Hello Verizon,

My daughter is about to get her third Droid 2 Global.  We have been told "do a factory reset" (we've done that about 20+ times), look for apps that may be causing the problem (the problem occurs even with only the Verizon standard supplied apps on the phone), and make sure the battery is charged (?).

We're tired of having to do a battery pull and power-on (waiting for the phone to boot) before she can make a call or check her mail.

Our local Verizon rep says "When you manufacture a million phones, there's going to be some with problems."  Well, so far we are having incredibly bad luck, along with many others in this thread reporting the same problems.

How about upgrading her to a Droid 3 if we continue to have problems?  Considering that the Droid 2 Global has been pretty unusable since she received it, this shouldn't be a problem for Verizon.

0 Likes
golfkid56

Hello, I have had the same issue(s).  I returned my first phone within 30 days and have been living with these issues with my second phone.  I work in the support field and am tired when I call and they say factory restore my phone.  This works for about 45 minutes and take about 45 minutes to perform. 

I have the following issues too...

restarts 3-5 times per day when unlocking

speaker volume is low

Black screen when phone is ringing

slow...

When playing music from SD card ALL songs stop 1 minute in

HELP!!!  I love Droid, but this is making life hard when you work from your phone....

Thank You,

Sad Guy :smileysad:

0 Likes
duchscher

Any success. I have the same issues. Blanking of screen. Random reboots. I've been searching for the next OS in hopes that it would resolve these issues.

I use my phone constantly for work and I'm ready to jump ship to a different carrier if I can't get this resolved.

Help!!

0 Likes
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

duchscher wrote:

Any success. I have the same issues. Blanking of screen. Random reboots. I've been searching for the next OS in hopes that it would resolve these issues.

I use my phone constantly for work and I'm ready to jump ship to a different carrier if I can't get this resolved.

Help!!

duchscher,

I do understand how important it is to have a good working phone that is reliable, and would like to assist you!

Have you had a chance to do a Hard Reset of your device, just to clear any possible application defects or corrupt files on the phone's onboard memory?  If not, I'm including a link below with instructions how to perform the Hard Reset.  Just ensure your data is backed up before performing the Reset.

Hard Reset - Motorola Droid 2 Global (A956)

Let me know how this works out for you!

0 Likes
Rachel121

I am new to Verizon (switched over on June 26th)  and also new to Droids but I am on my 2nd Droid 2 global.  I have had this one since August 18th.   I have had several phone calls that I cannot answer because the screen is black so I cannot hit the answer button and sometimes I cannot see to end call.  I hit the power button on top and nothing happens-- its like the phone just goes dead!!!!  My Notification bar says I have a text and when I go in there is says no notifications but then I check my text messages and I have one.  I went into the Verizon store on August 26th.  I was told to reformat my SD card -- did that  totally wiped it clean -- I also factory reset my phone that day too but am still having the same issues!!  I am so not happy with this phone -- I picked this one because of the keyboard -- guess I should have researched the issues more and went with something different now!!!  Not pleased at all with this phone!!! 

0 Likes
Kdbell1989

I am having the same issues with my phone! Random resets, frozen screens, and blank screens... among other problems! Has anyone had any success in correcting the problem? This is SO frustrating!

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hello everyone!

I want to apologize for the frustration you've felt and thank you for your patience! There is a software update out now for the D2G to enhance services and fix issues users were experiencing. Like all software updates, it will be delivered over-the-air at no cost in batches. A notification will appear on your phone when available, please see more details here.

Thank you!

0 Likes
thood

I installed the update (don't really like the new interface...), and my screen still blacks out during calls. My regular Droid 2 didn't have this problem. It sounds like all/most Droid 2 globals have this problem. Does Verizon ever do recalls on faulty devices instead of forcing customers to have to go through repeated phone replacements, tons of hard resets, etc.? I went through that with the original Droid...and don't really want to go through it all over again with the Droid 2 Global.

0 Likes
tcmarsh

I just bought the Droid 2 global for my daughter less than a month ago and already having charging and battery life issues, along with reboots. I thought I would check the message boards before heading the the VZW store but after reading some of these posts I'm getting really worried. I would hate to be locked into two years with a useless phone. I also am getting sick of the grief from my daughter. I will be trying these updates and resets and hoping for the best.

0 Likes
deity6
I have tried everything list in the forms and still have the issue. I have done the factory resetm, soft reset. The rebooting issue got worse with the update that just came out. My phone has rebooted 7 time in two hours. Before the update is was only once or twice a day now about every 20 to 30 minutes.
0 Likes