Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Droid 2 Global Screen problem
victorbraga98
Novice

DSC_0142.JPG

This showed up `a couple of months ago, on the bottom of the screen there's something like a little bump, its not the screen itself, it looks like a small piece of foam inside of the glass, this started showing up in november, back then I took care of this phone like if it was a family member since its my first smart phone, and its actualy a good phone, can anyone tell me whats going on? does warranty cover this? this makes it impossible to read texts that are hidden behind this!

0 Likes
Re: Droid 2 Global Screen problem
Ann154
Expert
Expert

I haven't seen anything like it before on any phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
victorbraga98
Novice

So, what do I do?

0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi victorbraga98,

My phone feels like a family member to me too! I completely understand your concern with your Droid 2 Global phone.

Since posting, have you contacted us at a store or via Customer Service to address this for you? This is not showing to be a known issue with the Droid 2 Global device. To troubleshoot, I'd like to ask a few questions, if I may.

-When it started back in November as you mentioned, were you then able to read text messages, or were your messages impacted right away?

-Has the phone been looked at by an in-store technician?

-Do you keep a case on the device? What type of case?

-Have you looked under the area where this is happening, to see if maybe there is some debris? For example, if your phone is in your pocket along with other items, something may have gotten in there.

I would recommend taking the phone to a corporate store location so it can be looked at. It seems as if it needs a hands-on inspection. Here is a link to find a store location in your area. This is a link that all customers can use to locate our stores. Just enter the appropriate zip code, and the stores close to you will come up on the page. This link also tells you the featured services offered in that store, as well as Wireless Workshops you can attend.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/storelocator/index.jsp

Since you mentioned that this is your first Smartphone, here's a link to check out the Wireless Workshops that can be attended. We offer online workshops and in-store workshops. There's also an online Q&A.

https://vzwworkshops.verizonwireless.com/vzwworkshops/

I trust you will find this information helpful. Have a good day!

Christina B
VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
victorbraga98
Novice

yes, everything in the phone works just fine, its just this, it looks like there is something in there, and I havent taken it in the store just yet, I do not have a case for it, and yes, I looked underneath it and all around the phone, there is nothing else wrong in there anywhere else, and as far as I remember, the only thing I put in my pocket with my phone is my 2 other iPod touches, and they arent dirty or anything, my zip code is 92373

0 Likes