I have noticed that my phone reboots sometimes during the day since the last update. The reboots usually only occur once or twice a day and not everyday. Has anyone else noticed this behavior?
I noticed a previous post regarding this issue on the forum and someone suggested this could be caused by third-party apps. I would still be interested in knowing if this is a global issue though...
So after recalling the apps I downloaded I remembered downloading Google's Streetview app and it appeared to download to my phone but did not appear on the panel with other apps. It did install to the phone and when I view all apps downloaded from the Android market or Menu settings on the phone I cannot uninstall. Any ideas??
Currently, I am not showing a way to remove the Street View for Google Maps application from the device. If you are adamant about removing this feature, the next available option would be doing a factory reset. This can be completed through the following steps:
Factory Reset option 1
From the main screen, touch menu tab
Touch Factory Data reset
Touch Reset Phone
Touch Erase Everything
Warning: This will erase all data from your phone, including:
- Your Google account
- System and application data and settings
- Downloaded Applications
It will not erase: Current System software and bundled applications; SD Card files, such as music or Photos
Factory Reset option 2 - Warning this will reset device back to original factory settings.
- Turn off the phone
- Power on phone while pressing "X" key on qwerty keypad - release "X" and power key after you see Motorola batwings.
- You should now see an "!" in a triangle with Android guy
- Press the "Search" key on qwerty keypad to enter factory menu, this will unhide the menu and show the following options
- Reboot system Now
- Apply sdcard:update.zip
- Wipe Data/Factory Reset
- Wipe Cache Partition
- Use Vol Up / Vol down to navigate to "wipe data/factory reset" and then use Camera side key or Menu key to select "wipe data/factory reset"
- Use Vol Up / Vol down to navigate to "Yes delete all user data" and then use Camera key to select "Yes - delete all user data"
- Wait for operation to complete (maybe 1 minute or so) and then press camera key to select "reboot system now"
After visiting the Apps store and reading reviews regarding the Google Streetview app I determined the app is actually an update to Google Maps and works as expected. So there is no need at this time to remove the app however I continued to experience the soft reboots. I am not sure what may be causing them but I performed a roaming update to the phone yesterday by dialing *228 and have not noticed a reboot today. I will continue to monitor the situation and provide an update.