Droid 2 Global--Turning itself on
njrunner

Why does my Droid 2 Global turn itself back on after I have powered down?  When I turn my phone off at night approximately 5 minutes it turns itself back on?  This is an on-going problem.  Any assistance in resolving this issue would be most appreciated!  Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: Droid 2 Global--Turning itself on
ezrapound

My Droid 2 Global, after the update, began to waken automatically at night, in class, at a concert...   I pried the battery out of it for an airline flight.  

The 611 folks first suggested a reset, and then, under warranty terms, sent me a Droid 3 this week.  

The Droid 3 is nicer, BUT, night before last, it turned itself back on.

The 611 folks didn't seem to know of this problem.

0 Likes
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

njrunner wrote:

Why does my Droid 2 Global turn itself back on after I have powered down?  When I turn my phone off at night approximately 5 minutes it turns itself back on?  This is an on-going problem.  Any assistance in resolving this issue would be most appreciated!  Thank you.

Hello njrunner!

I know this is becoming aggravating, having to deal with the power issue.  I would like to assure you, we have lifted this up to our Product Support Team.  They are aware and are working diligently to provide a permanent fix for our customers.  Currently I have no date for when the update will be available, but know that it is in the works.

Thank you for your patience, and for being a part of Verizon Wireless!

0 Likes
ckmc

AnthonyTa_VZW wrote:

I know this is becoming aggravating, having to deal with the power issue.  I would like to assure you, we have lifted this up to our Product Support Team.  They are aware and are working diligently to provide a permanent fix for our customers.  Currently I have no date for when the update will be available, but know that it is in the works.

Thank you for your patience, and for being a part of Verizon Wireless!

I have a Droid 2, not a Droid2 Global but I have the same problem.  While it's great that you've lifted it up to your Product Support Team, I have to fly in 2 days.  What exactly do I do since I doubt it will be fixed by then?

0 Likes
rjb5982

It has been several months since this very common problem started (with 2.3.3 forced "update" - I didn't have a choice, it did it by itself), and all Verizon keeps saying is that a software update is coming - my only question, and I'm quite sure the question of many people is WHEN????  It seems that removing my battery is now the only way to assure that my phone stays off when I power it down.  I am tired of waking up to find a drained battery because it ALWAYS powers back up after shutting it down.  So, again, WHEN with this be resolved????

0 Likes