Droid 2 Global locks up while I'm typing texts or emails.
rdw11
Enthusiast - Level 2

While typing, the droid will lock-up and then after a few seconds will go into a forced shut-down screen. Other apps work then, but further attempts to type emails or texts will shut down again part-way through. Any suggestions on how to fix this? Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Droid 2 Global locks up while I'm typing texts or emails.
Zandermill
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi.

Do the following with your device.

Go into Settings -> Applications -> Running Applications -> All.

Find your Dialer, go into it, hit Force Close / Stop.

Then slide down until you find Multi Media Keyboard.  Go into it, Clear the cache, then force close it.

Hit the home button, and resume texting.

TominqueBo this is a known issue, and Motorola has dropped the ball on it. Its heavily known in Droid 2, Droid 2 Global, R2D2, As well as Droid 3.

Peace.

View solution in original post

rdw11
Enthusiast - Level 2

BTW, hard re-sets not working...

0 Likes
TominqueBo_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello rdw11,

I know that can be very frustrating.  I have a question for you to help me narrow down what is taking place.  Does this happen when you press the space bar key twice or after you insert so many periods?  As you begin your next few text and e-mail please observe and advise me it this takes place.  If not do you notice any other trends?  Please respond back with this information so I may further assist.  Thank you. 

TominqueBo

VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Zandermill
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi.

Do the following with your device.

Go into Settings -> Applications -> Running Applications -> All.

Find your Dialer, go into it, hit Force Close / Stop.

Then slide down until you find Multi Media Keyboard.  Go into it, Clear the cache, then force close it.

Hit the home button, and resume texting.

TominqueBo this is a known issue, and Motorola has dropped the ball on it. Its heavily known in Droid 2, Droid 2 Global, R2D2, As well as Droid 3.

Peace.

rdw11
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have not found a consistent pattern to when it happens. Sometimes when I hit the spacebar only once or press enter. It is locking up when using the keyboard and touch pad at any given time. It is also not functioning while entering a calendar item.

rdw11
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried that but there was nothing in the "cache" to clear. I just attempted a text and it locked up after I typed the first character.

Zandermill
Enthusiast - Level 2

There is a cache that you can clear on the droid 2 global. Under multi media keyboard. When you enter the application there should be either data or cache. (Im doing this off memory) clear both of them. Most likely its going to be data. This resets the keyboard. try it again now.

rushhead79
Enthusiast - Level 1

Don't know about anyone else out there...but I am ready to smash this phone (Droid 2)!

Can't text, the piece of crap decides to boot, whenever it wants to.  Ready to bail on this and switch back to AT&T since its obvious from the forum they don't know what's going on.  This is crap.  Every time I pic that damn thing up it's locked.

IF it were us not paying a bill on time, you can bet your life that they shut you down.

rdw11
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you! Zandermill is 3rd level wizard genius jedi master.

bonitta
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having issues with my keyboard as well when texting.  The first time I touch the space key it will lock up.  I can not continue typing nor can I use the backspace key.  After a few seconds a white screen comes up.  Sometimes I get a pop-up box with random letters.  Nothing makes sense with this problem other than it must be something with the space key. 

I followed Zandermill's steps on the keyboard and the cache.  Still no luck. 

Any other suggestions? 

0 Likes