Droid 2 Global screen gone blank
racraig

When I got home from work today, the screen on my phone was frozen. It wouldn't unlock and I could not get the phone to turn off, so I took the battery out. When I put the battery back in, the screen remained black and only the light in the upper righthand corner will work. I have tried to take the battery out again, plug it up to the charger, and hold down the top button to make it turn off but it won't. I can hear the notifications for people calling and texting me, but I can't see anything on the screen and it doesn't respond to any touch. I read some other forum posts about rebooting but I haven't been successful since I can't see anything on the screen. I've only had the phone for 2 months so any suggestions would be welcome, thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Droid 2 Global screen gone blank
Not applicable

Racraig, thanks for your inquiry. It sounds like this is an issue with the hardware of the phone. Does the phone ever show the Motorola symbol or Droid eye when booting up? If it does, then this is an issue in the software after the phone boots, and you may be able to complete a factory reset. Choose the alternate method. If it doesn't, then this is a hardware issue and the device will need to be replaced. 

0 Likes
msalov3

hi Marquia,

I'm having the exact same issue..... phone was working ok, plugged it in to charge yesterday morning..... and when I unplugged it, the screen stayed black.  After numerous reseating of battery, it's always the same.... it powers on, 4 soft keys light up, keyboard is lit up, message light in top right corner blinks green, but the screen is completely black.  It never shows anything.

Also....I'm able to receive phone calls and answer them by swiping the imaginary slide "unlock" where it would normally appear near bottom of the screen.   After answering the call, the call is normal.  I'm able to have a normal conversation with the caller - they hear me and i hear them.

So it seems to only be an issue with the video display portion of the screen.  The touch sensor obviously works since i can answer a call.

Lastly, to reseat the battery multiple times, I have kept the protective plastic case off.   I am now noticing that the top rear of the phone is VERY warm.   The battery gets warm also after about 15 mins.

I never noticed this before b/c I have a case over the front & back of phone.  

What are my options at this point.....both from a replacement standpoint, or a repair of the screen?

Please help.

Thank you.

0 Likes
Thilix

I'm having the exact same issue with a few minor changes in the details.  I cannot answer any calls even by swiping across where it should be to answer the call and when I try to do a hard reset I get stuck at the android with the exclamation point.  I hit the search key but it will not pull up the menu to go down to select the hard reset. I've done it also by pressing X and then the volume up key as some help guides have had in their instructions. I can still hear incoming text messages and email messages and the led lights up and flashes alerting me to them but no matter what I do, from opening the qwerty keyboard to pressing the unlock key up top, it will not respond. I'm not sure what to do at this point but I'm pretty sure that the phone has bricked.

0 Likes