Droid 2 Media Player and OTA issues.
brimarieg
I just got my Droid 2 Global CPO last Thursday. Up until a couple days ago I was obsessed and in love. Then the problems started. I had to change my phone number so I did OTA (*228) and my phone ended up factory resetting. I had to redownload all apps and set up all ringtones. Not so much fun. Then I had to change my number again today and I got to spend another hour downloading all my apps and setting up my screens. :smileysad: Has this happened to anyone else? Also my second big issue is my media player/any music player... This happened yesterday with both the phone's media player and trying to run Pandora- I press play and start listening to my music with my headphones and the player plays the music for about 10 seconds and then stops. I press play and it this repeats about 5 times before I give up. It does not do this without headphones. Is it my headphones or my phone? Help please. TIA
0 Likes
Re: Droid 2 Media Player and OTA issues.
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

brimarieg wrote:
I just got my Droid 2 Global CPO last Thursday. Up until a couple days ago I was obsessed and in love. Then the problems started. I had to change my phone number so I did OTA (*228) and my phone ended up factory resetting. I had to redownload all apps and set up all ringtones. Not so much fun. Then I had to change my number again today and I got to spend another hour downloading all my apps and setting up my screens. :smileysad: Has this happened to anyone else? Also my second big issue is my media player/any music player... This happened yesterday with both the phone's media player and trying to run Pandora- I press play and start listening to my music with my headphones and the player plays the music for about 10 seconds and then stops. I press play and it this repeats about 5 times before I give up. It does not do this without headphones. Is it my headphones or my phone? Help please. TIA

Changing your number should not reset your phone to factory settings. Next time you need to change your number please call us at 1-800-922-0204 and will be happy to personally assist you with your number change, this will give us the opportunity to duplicate any issue that is causing your phone to reset to factory settings and resolve the issue.

With regards to the Pandora issues outlined on your post, please ensure your headset input jack is clean as it is possible that some foreign object may be preventing the headset connector from going all the way in and audio issues may occur.

0 Likes