Droid 2 loses data connection between 8-5 every day, except Sat. & Sun.
LisaRH
Enthusiast - Level 2

My Droid 2 loses its data connection at about 8am Mon-Fri, it comes back some between 11-1 and then is off again until shortly after 5.  It works fine on the weekends, all day.   I've gone through all the normal steps of trying to fix it with customer service and it does't work.  My phone is showing 3G and I have all the bars but cannot access access the internet.  All the other services on phone are working fine.  It feels like it's related to my actual service from Verizon and not my phone due to the fact that it happens on such a regular schedule.  This has been happening for 2 weeks, since I was informed that my data plan (unlimited) is no longer offered.  Any thoughts or similar experiences?

Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: Droid 2 loses data connection between 8-5 every day, except Sat. & Sun.
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

sounds like usage controls

did mom turn it off during school?

0 Likes
LisaRH
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not hardly, but thanks for thinking I was a teenager.   

0 Likes
Not applicable

If you have unlimited data and you are using a 3G phone then perhaps you are being throttled. How much data do you normally used?

0 Likes
LisaRH
Enthusiast - Level 2

Last billing cycle was 985608KB... that's pretty much the norm.  What does "being throttled" mean?  Thanks for the help.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Well that's not even 1 GB so you wouldn't be getting throttled. Throttling is where your connection would be slowed down thus making it harder for you to use as much data.Verizon can throttle 3G connections for those on unlimited if they they use "too much" data. However that is defined. But as I said 1 GB is nothing.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

It's happening 8-5, M-F but not on weekends?  Are you in the same location for those hours but a different location at other times?

I have to admit, my first thought when reading your post is "Usage Controls" - but if that is not the case, I'd consider my location (working hours, lunch break location change?, the building you work in is blocking signal, or something connected with the workplace).

Let us know if you figure it out...

**Edit - Just thought of something - an app that turns data access on and off on a schedule?  Smart Actions by Motorola on my Droid 4 can do that, and I'm sure there are other apps as well ... if you didn't set it up, has someone had access to your phone to set that up?

Message was edited by: SuzyQ

0 Likes
LisaRH
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Suzy.  I thought about the location thing as well until I was out of the office for 2 days and it still occured.  I do not have an app installed that would control data.    Yesterday I had an uninterrupted data connection nearly all day.  It was a little spotty in the morning but then it was fine all day and I am not having any problems with it this morning.  Don't know what was going on but I'm just happy that it is working well now.  Thanks for all the input! Smiley Happy

0 Likes