Re: Droid 2 touch screen problems
1jas
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have found that many of the problems are due to the phone's narrow

acceptable temperature and humidity range. Several, but not all, of the

problems can be reduced, but not eliminated, by placing the phone in a

cool, well ventilated area while charging, and during usage if possible. I

have also found that sliding it open during charging helps.

It would also help if Motorola and Verizon would own up to the lemon nature

of these phones instead of feigning surprise.

Employees, that reflects on your character. Think about it.

On Sep 25, 2012 1:48 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
poolecas
Enthusiast - Level 2

Anthony, I have the Droid2 which I purchased in March 2011, Superbowl Sunday. After my pervious phone would not hold a charge. My problem started  2 days before  my posting. The phone gets so hot when I am charging it and now it seems like the only time I can get the phone slide on the screen to work is when it is connected to its charger. When my phone rings most of the time now I can't answer it, because I can't get the touch screen to work to answer it. When I do get the slide to work, I then have to use the arrow keys on the keyboard to get to any apps. I haven't loaded any program when this problem started. I can't even delete any programs because the touch screen isn't working.

Going into your store is worthless because if you don't have insurance they can't help you... Or at least that is what they tell you. Your company may have good range as far as reception is concern, so I am willing to pay more for that service  and I have your service because of that and the fact that I use to travel a lot for the military. I still travel, but not as often. But I tell you I take care of my phone, I  am the only user of my phone, I don't have kids playing with my phone cause I don't have any.

So to have my phone just stop working because of this has me so pissed. And to hear others who are experiencing this problem shows its a problem with the phone. I am not one of those who change phones when something new comes around. I keep the same phone until it drops dead which is several years from when it is purchase. Less than two years does not meet that life expectancy to me.

0 Likes
Sammy704
Enthusiast - Level 1

Of course I don't have an answer on how to fix this but I want to join in the conversation on how ridiculous this is. I was ok with my Droid 2 (R2D2) freaking out all day and night, doing things by itself, etc because I was consoled by the fact that I was up for a renewal on my phone....until I found out that Verizon wasn't grandfathering anyone in on Unlimited Data like AT&T was.  So guess what...I'm stuck with my janky Droid2 that does stuff on its own because the rest of my family doesn't want to lose their unlimited data!

Sometimes I can't answer my phones or write texts...what good are all my minutes, data and unlimited texts if I can't answer calls, write texts, or search the Internet? My phone isn't even 2 years old yet!

I have tried restarts, taking out the battery, deleting installed apps, opening the phone half way. Everything is at best, ghetto. My next plan is to leave Verizon on principle; my sister has AT&T and I am considering joining her plan. I won't get to keep my unlimited data if I want to actually use my phone, so why not!?

poolecas
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sammy, you sound just like me. My phone will be 2 yrs old in March. I have always taken very good care of my phones. But I tell you this in March I will be switching company.  Verizon's coverage I LOVE, there customer service sucks.  Also consider your self lucky about the finding out about the data plan. My friend was due for an upgrade got one but was not told that they were making changes to her plan...... She got a huge bill the following month and they refuse to make changes to her account in the store.  Salesmen lied and said he told her, and besides she should have read the receipt before she signed it.  REALLY....... She had to jump through hoops for them to change her account back.

0 Likes
CarrieISS

I have the same problem. A battery pull fixes the stuck or over responsive touch screen, but when it’s humid—for example, I am in Florida or it is raining—I cannot answer the phone when it rings. A battery pull is not practical then.

Given the limited options out there, I'd be willing to buy a new android phone with a physical keyboard and global capabilities, but all Verizon offers is the Droid 4. It is too old and I will not buy a phone that Verizon is likely to stop supporting and/or issuing software updates for in a few months.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Sammy704,

I know how important it is to have a reliable phone when you need it most.  I will be more than happy to provide some suggestions to your concerns.

I would first ensure you don't have any Task Killers, Antiviruses, or Battery Saver applications installed on your phone. A lot of these applications are known to cause instabilities in the android operating system and become worse over time.  Sometimes it may be so instable that a hard reset is required.

Regarding your Unlimited Data. We definitely still allow Unlimited Data. First, if you upgrade your line it won't affect any of the other lines on the account. Second, if you purchase your new phone at the full retail cost and pair that with our Trade In Program (vzw.com/tradein) you can also keep your Unlimited!

Now I would also suggest that you and your family completed a free account analysis online to see how much Data you all really use! You will be surprised. I have 6 data devices myself and we only use about 3 GB a month total! Don't forget to about free Wi-Fi hotspots!

Keep me posted.

Thanks,

MelissaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
DP7
Enthusiast - Level 3

http://news.yahoo.com/google-warns-more-cuts-motorola-third-quarter-cuts-104557464--sector.html

I've experienced some of the same issues as have all of you, and Motorola won't own up to the issue. They're going to screw around and everyone will have Iphones and another carrier.

DP7
Enthusiast - Level 3

I feel your pain.. I don't get why no one will own up to this and fix it. The best Motorola was going to do was give me 25% off of retail for a Droid 4..so 25% off of a $550 phone...don't think so....

0 Likes
Dr_J7

I am also in a similar sinking boat. This is my 2nd Droid 2 and I had problems with the Original Droid & a Droid2 I had 2 years ago. Now with the screen problem and ghost dialing, etc. I thought it would be great to switch to a free or low cost phone for a while like the Samsung Galaxy Nexus. However, Verison doesn't want to keep we few who have paid these many years for unlimited data. I fear I must return to sprint or U.S. Cellular. Bummer Smiley Sad

0 Likes
Dr_J7

YES! Consider yourself VALLIDATED! I am dealing with the same mess. Got laid-off and trying  to save whereever possible only to have them tell me my many years and dollars paid for unlimited service will not be respected or grandfathered. SO I Am CAllING U.S. CELLULAR AND SPRINT TODAY (on a land line) since my possessed Droid2 is mostly a hot paperweight.

0 Likes