Droid 3 dropping calls
pamtinva

I'm surviving the horrible battery life - even with all apps turned off and an "extended" life battery - but I don't think I'm going to survive this phone dropping calls.  It's so annoying.  But if that isn't bad enough, the thing doesn't quickly recover from its issue so that I can quickly re-call the person.  I'm now using a (horrors!) landline to make calls I don't want interrupted by my Droid 3's disconnect.

Anyone else with this problem?

Any suggestions for resolution?  (I've done a couple of battery pulls already.)

thanks

0 Likes
Re: Droid 3 dropping calls
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi pamtinva! I regret the reason for you posting this but am thankful you chose to share your experiences. Dropped calls can be very difficult to live with. No customer of any wireless carrier should be expected to deal with them alone. I want to help, but I'll need to get personal details from you to do that. Can I ask you to send me a personal message with your name, mobile number, callback number and a good date and time for us to talk please? Thanks!

0 Likes
Redneckarkie

I have lots of drop call too.. I have called customer service. First time they just replaced my Droid (I am on my 5th one now). Then they said I had put a "1"  and the area code in front of all of my numbers in my address book. So I went and changed that. Then they told me to dial "####" every time I get a drop call... I was doing that for 2 weeks and called them to find out what the problem was and was told that the "####" was wrong and I was supposed to be dialing "###" instead. I was doing that until I got 9 drop calls in one day (easy to keep track when you have ### in your recent numbers dialed). Talked to them again and what did they do ?? Yep replace my phone again... I have had this Droid 3 for a week now and have not gone a day without getting drop calls..

I have done master resets, and dialed the *228 for tower updates and reactivate my phone. I also shut my phone off once a day to get it to refresh itself.

Any suggestions for resolution...

I have been told I can upgrade until October.. I have asked for an early upgrade so I can get a different phone but they will not let me.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Redneckarkie,

I can certainly understand the inconvenience of experiencing drop calls. I’d be glad to assist but I do need additional information. Do you notice this happening in certain areas? In what zip code(s) are you experiencing difficulties at? Are calls dropping indoors/outdoors or both? Have you had a trouble ticket opened for your issue? Please let us know if you continue to experience difficulties so we can further assist.

DaisyP_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Redneckarkie

It does not happen in certain areas. The drop call are both indoors and outdoors. There was a ticket open and I am not sure what happened to it because I have not received anything back saying the ticket was closed. I do not have the ticket # anymore because it was in a text that was on my last droid that I just got replaced. I am continuing to this day having problems. I am still dialing the ### after each dropped call. I am also keeping track of it.

0 Likes
Redneckarkie

I did not want to put the area codes in the form but did post my response. My area codes are

Basically I live in Northwest Arkansas and it does not matter where I go, I get dropped calls

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Those are zip codes. Area codes are three digit numbers.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Redneckarkie

Sorry read that wrong the area code is 479

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Redneckarkie,

Thank you for providing that additional information. I reviewed the area, and I do not show any issues. Because there are so many zip codes that you experience problems in, this sounds like a device issue. Are there other Verizon Wireless customers dropping calls in these locations? Is one location worse than others? Let us know so we can look into this further.

Thank you!

Katie H
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
JonDoh
Contributor - Level 1

I've had more dropped calls in one year with Verizon than I had in seven years with AT&T. Not to mention how terrible the call quality is with Verizon.  I feel like I went from stereo to mono or HD tv to standard tv.  That's how much worse it is. 

It's a network issue, but Verizon won't admit it and always cop out by blaming the device.  My phone was blamed too as being faulty (not a Motorola).  But the funny thing is my wife has the same problem as do my co-workers in a different county (as in they use different towers than I do).  It's the network.

0 Likes