Droid 3 won't lock
MistaGQ

Basically, when I push the lock button the screen goes black like it should, but when I turn the screen back on it goes straight to the main screen, bypassing the lock screen altogether. I've had this problem before, I don't know why it happened then & I dont know why it's happening now, but my Droid 3 won't slide to unlock.

I havent downloaded any new apps, I've scanned my phone using Lookout, I haven't done anything different, in fact the lock was working just a few minutes before it started doing this. The last time this happened, my phone would become unlocked in my pocket and open random apps or butt-dial numbers.

I did a hard reset the last time, but it's such a tedious task redownloading all of my apps and losing data in games, contact pictures, etc. I prefer the slide unlock to the others because I'm on my phone a lot and it's easier than the pattern or password...Is there any reason why it would be doing this & how can I solve it?

0 Likes
Re: Droid 3 won't lock
Wildman
Legend

There's apps on market to disable and enable but since you said you are not using any such app have you tried going into the Settings and security menu and check the settings?  If the issue continues as another option you could consider a lick screen replacement like Widget Locker, this is a way more Superior lock screen in my opinion.

0 Likes
Re: Droid 3 won't lock
MistaGQ

The settings are the same as they've always been, I havent changed them either.

0 Likes