Droid 4: Trying to Remove An Email Account from the Email App (not Gmail)
ricebandit

First off, I'm trying to do this because I keep receiving a "VZWNMN" text every time I receive an email from one of my accounts associated with the Email app.

I have 2 accounts set up with this Email app: my personal and my work email addresses. I'd like to remove my work address. When I open the app from the icon, and I tap on my email icon at the top left (there's an arrow below it), there's a "New Account" button, then an icon for my personal, and another icon for my work email. How do I remove my work address from here?

0 Likes
Re: Droid 4: Trying to Remove An Email Account from the Email App (not Gmail)
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

ricebandit, I know its frustrating when your unable to make an important change to your phone. I have a Droid 2 and have been through these steps, so I will be happy to help you with removing your work e-mail. I will list the steps below:

1) Click the Mail icon

2) click the arrow

3) Choose the account you want to delete

4) Click the menu key to bring up additional options

5) click more

6) Click Settings

7) Click "Delete Account"

I hope this information is helpful. Please let me and the community know if it worked for you.

KinquanaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter at www.Twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
ricebandit

Thanks for jumping in KinquanaH_VZW. However, Clicking the menu key (Step 4 in your steps), I don't have a "More" option, only "Folders", "Change View", and "Email Settings". Email Settings, does not have a "Delete Account". All I see in the list is:

Notifications

Email Delivery

Read options

Clear Search History

List View Options

Compose Options

Display Suggestions

Default Email Account (toggle menu)

Out of Office

Manage address Histroy

Smart Forwarding (greyed out)

0 Likes
kittyluvr73

Ricebandit: go to My Accounts, choose the account you want to delete, and scroll down to the Remove Account button at the bottom. Alternatively, since you're only removing it because of the text notifications, you could try this: Email > Menu > Email Settings > Notifications > choose the account > deselect "Notifications." Although on mine, this Notifications selection says "Status bar" and I haven't been receiving any texts, but maybe if it's sending you texts it will be stopped by this as well. Worth a try.

0 Likes
DOZsGmama

I, too, am trying to remove an email account.  A suggestion made for another model did not work.  Will there be an answer?

0 Likes