Droid 4 Upgrade Issues
Sashifly
Enthusiast - Level 2

I used to have all my ringtones set to tracks from my music, as well as my morning alarm bell.

Ever since the upgrade - last week - I can no longer do this... it doesn't even give me the option.

I've lost my weather wigit somehow...not a biggie, i downloaded another.

I REALLY don't like the new Gallery App -I take a lot of photos on my phone (for work) and it's now a pain to search for the right folder to find my pics in stead of just clicking on the gallery and having them pop up in order of taking.

Also, the battery looses it's charge WAY faster.

Any ideas on a fix?

0 Likes
Re: Droid 4 Upgrade Issues
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yep, quite a few changes with the Jelly Bean update.  Here's a changelog if you haven't seen it:

Release Notes - Software Upgrade for the DROID 4 by Motorola (Android Version 4.1 - Jelly Bean)

SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Thanks for that tikibar  - in a way, I'm lucky the upgrade came just 2 weeks into me owning the Droid 4... I haven't even got it all set up yet, and I'm still exploring so I haven't had time to become settled with it.  There looks to be some major changes so it has to be hard for those who don't want a change and it messes up settings.  Change can be a good thing....and it can also wreak havoc.  And you'll never please everyone.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

It was major heartache for a lot of people when Gingerbread was upgraded to ICS.  It was a big update and a lot of changes; it was like having a totally different phone in a lot of ways.  Moving from ICS to JB isn't quite as big of an update, but some of the changes aren't going over well.  I could learn to live with the changes, as long as they don't mess up my phone's functionality.

0 Likes
Sashifly
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for the link Tiki,

But it still doesn't help Smiley Sad and i still can't use my music as ringtones. it's nearly 2pm...I've barely used my phone today and it's already needing to be charged again!

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

When you say you can't use your music as ringtones ... are you talking about not being able to set an mp3 as a ringtone?  I believe that functionaity was removed from the Razr and Razr Maxx, so I'm assuming it was in the Droid 4 as well.  Bummer, too, 'cause that's a handy feature.  A workaround is to put a copy of the mp3 in your Ringtones folder.  You might try dropping a copy of an mp3 in your Notification folder and see if that will let you use it as an alarm notification.

I don't have any suggestion on the Gallery app 'cause I never used it.

Not sure about the battery issue ... could be an app that isn't playing well with Jelly Bean.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There is a separate folder for alarms.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Sashifly
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes exactly! well that's just no fair. totally a bummer...the options they give us otherwise are all crappy!

By dropping an mp3 into my notifications folder... i assume this would be done when i've linked up my phone to my computer?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I forgot about that; thanks for the reminder. 

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Drop them in your Ringtones folder if you want them for ringtones.  And yes, I agree that it's crappy; I much prefer the 'use as ringtone' option in the music player (the music player is gone now, too, if you haven't noticed ).

You can copy files from one folder to another on the phone, but for me it's a lot easier to do it by connecting my phone to my computer with the USB cable and 'dragging and dropping' the files.

0 Likes