Droid Bionic 4.0.4 Update
cmbcrz

Well evidently my phone started the ICS update last night and finished about an hour ago and now it is slow and I can't get any text messaging app to load. Anyone else having these kinds of issues??

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Droid Bionic 4.0.4 Update
echeeseman27

I am having the exact same issue. and my phone wont charge when connected but it says that it is. I even tried to download a texting app, go SMS that didnt help either.

0 Likes
cmbcrz

Unreal! Ok if you find a fix hit me up and I'll do the same. Also I have been trying to use the inherent text program and Handcent and neither will even load and the inherent program has caused crashes and restarting the phone sometimes not always.

0 Likes
cmbcrz

Ok no idea what just happened but both text programs are working now! Several restarts and forced restarts but still have no idea what fixed it.

0 Likes
echeeseman27

mines still jacked up

0 Likes
echeeseman27

so you just kept turning yours off and back on?

0 Likes
cmbcrz

Yes I did several reboots manually and also removed the battery several times along with the forced restarts caused by the apps. I can confirm it actually works since I have received several texts in the last few minutes.

Good luck!

0 Likes
mj28
Enthusiast - Level 2

YES. My stock messaging app loads VERY VERY slowly. ChompSMS, which I prefer to use, takes about an hour to load, if I can get it to load at all. My contacts are hidden somewhere in my phone but they won't display. Can I have my functional Bionic back now? We waited HOW long for this update and it turns out to be junk. Ugh.

0 Likes
jnuttengr

Glad to know I wasn't the only one to have my texts messed up by ICS.  Still not good though.  Any other solution besides turning it off and on again a lot?  I really do not want to do a factory reset however i do wan tto be able to text again.

0 Likes
Droid Bionic 4.0.4 Update
msangiewow

How long is this problem gonna take to fix? I'm having the same thing...handcent and the original text program not working. Super frustrating!

0 Likes