Droid Bionic 4G connectivity problems
MAnuke179

I'm in NYC and I have been consistently having problems with my Droid Bionic 4G connection for internet service.  I've had my phone since January 2012. It's really frustrating because most of the time I can't connect to the internet.  Sometimes if I power down, the 4G works for about 1 minute and then stops again.  It seems like this is a common problem.  It's really making me question Motorola phones and verizon wireless service.  Does anyone have a solution to this problem????

0 Likes
Re: Droid Bionic 4G connectivity problems
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello MAnuke179,

That can certainly be quite frustrating to not have a device work as should! Does this issue occur indoors? I confirmed that there are no known issues in NYC but would like to look deeper in your particular area. What is your zip code? Try to remove sim card for 30 seconds, place back in! Did these issues just start? Let us know if the issue persists after pulling out the sim card.

Lena A.
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
MAnuke179

Hi Lena,

This has been ongoing since i got my phone. I removed the sim card like you said. I still have issues periodically, still frustrating. The zip codes where i spend most of my time in new york are the following: 10012, 10013, 10011; In new jersey, 07631.

Thanks,

Keith

Sent from my Verizon Wireless Droid

0 Likes
rarbuckle
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having this issue as well. It has been going on for about a week. Everything was fine before. I was hoping that the update we just got would fix the issue, but got that yesterday, and no change. The data loss is pretty consistent. Twenty seconds on, twenty seconds off, so on and so on. It doesn't matter if I'm indoor, or outdoors. I'll have full bars and it still happens. I'm in the Tampa Bay area myself. Zip code currently is 33778, though it happens anywhere in Pinellas county I go.

aaron134851
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm also experiencing this problem St.Paul/Minneapolis area. Been going a week or little longer. I received the new update yesterday but no changes in problem. Also went to Verizon store and the replaced my sim card. Starting to get real annoying internet is dropping out 30+ times a day.

Jaysonol
Enthusiast - Level 3

I concur.  As of early June, my Bionic is consistently dropping 4LTE or I'm getting issues such as "Network Unavailable".  I can stand completly still, and watch my indicator go from 4LTE Blue, to 4LTE White, then 3gs, then completely drop, just to some back randomly 10 seconds or a few minute slater.

I live in the Southern California market, Orange County.  Very frustrating as of late.

It does not appear that the recent OTA update did anything to solve this.

0 Likes
1VerizonCustomer

Same problem in Portland Oregon 4G market, .905 completely destroyed my phone. It's useless for data transfer except in my home on my own WiFi network.

0 Likes
Timdawg

same problem in Mobile,Al as well. Goes from 4G Blue to 4G white to 3G. Help!!! Will there be a recall for defective equipment. Been going on since i upgraded.

0 Likes
TabJay
Enthusiast - Level 1

Sometime I feel like an addict.  shaking, gripping my phone tightly, waiting for another hit.  Waiting for the 4G to turn blue so i can access work email.  It's terrible that Verizon knows this phone is defective yet won't give us any help with resolving the issue. I'd be happy with a refurbished phone...OTHER THAN A BIONIC!  I'm on my 3rd phone and the CSR's comment to me still rings in my ear. "Just deal with it".

ANNOYED in Southern California

megkeeney

I have had my Bionic for about 3-4 months now and I was SO excited when I first got this phone because it was my first 4G phone. And when I first got it it worked decently and I was so happy that I finally had a fast phone!

Well that happiness was EXTREMELY short-lived because very shortly after I got the phone I have been having issues. I only have a 4G connection less than 5% of the time with this AWFUL phone. I have tried every fix that exists out there. My boyfriend is a rather "techie" person and knows a lot of fixes and is good at researching them. I have tried everything he found and everything out there that has been suggested and NOTHING solves this problem. This is insane because I rely heavily on my phone for email services and other services beyond simply it being a phone.

I find it disgusting that Verizon still has this phone on the market knowing all of its issues.

I am at a loss for what to do at this point, do I call Verizon's customer service? Do I go into a Verizon store? And even if I do, what if anything will be done or should I insist on being done? Anyone who can offer some insight and advice would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes