Droid Bionic Downgrade to ICS???
kenacepi

I upgraded my Droid Bionic to ICS 4.0 at the end of this last year and since then I have been unable to connect to 4G networks when in a known 4G area. My son upgraded his phone recently and connects to 4G no problem, while I'm at 3G.  Also when connecting to our home network, he connects at the faster of the two modes, while my phone doesn't even see the faster speed. Is there a setting somewhere on the phone that I don't know about? The Network Mode is set to LTE/CDMA, but is greyed out so it cannot be changed.  Before I upgraded, I was able to connect to 4G and the faster home network mode with no problems.  Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Droid Bionic Downgrade to ICS???
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried turning off the phone, removing the SIM card, waiting a few minutes, then reinserting the SIM card and rebooting the phone?

0 Likes
kenacepi

Thanks Tikibar,

But doing that doesn’t solve the problem. But did see that Ethernet & Ethernet Settings are greyed out under Wireless & Networks… I’ve tried everything short of a hard reboot. Don’t really want to do that if I don’t have to. Don’t want to reinstall everything.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yep with ICS, you can't switch between 3G and 4G like we could with GB.  Some people are reporting success by using an app from Google Play called LTE OnOFF to toggle between 3G and 4G.  I haven't experienced the issue, so haven't tried the app.  Only other suggestion I can think of is to try a new SIM card (they are free at your local Corporate Verizon store).  Good luck.

0 Likes
kenacepi

Thanks,

I live in a 3G area and work in a 4G area, so when I would go to work, it would automatically switch. I think I will try to power off the phone at work, and see if it reconnects to 4G once powered up again. My kids phone does this automatically.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello kenacepi,

I am so sorry tohear about the issues you have been experincing with your device.  I have a great solotuion that is to fix the issues.  I have included the steps listed below for you:

From a home screen, select Apps ( located at the bottom).

From the All Apps tab, select Settings.

Select About phone.
Select System updates.

WarrenM_VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
kenacepi

Thanks for answering, but when I do that, it shows my device is up to date, no update needed.

Haven’t had time to go to the Verizon Wireless Store yet to see about a new SIM card… Do you think that could be the problem?

Ken

0 Likes
kenacepi

Okay, have tried everything that has been suggested. Even went to the VZW store where I got a new SIM card, and the guy did a full reset on the phone. The only thing that this accomplished was losing all my downloaded applications, because now I can’t get into the Google Play store, and Verizon has closed their storefront. Still have the same issue after all of this. No 4G, no faster Wireless, and the network settings are still greyed out.

And of course the Guy at the VZW store was very helpful, but stressed several times that the phone was out of Warranty… even though the upgrade to ICS is what caused the problem. So am I stuck here? Is there a way to back out ICS?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you signing into your phone with the same Gmail account your used to download the applications?  What error are your getting when your open the Play Store on your phone?  Have you tried signing into Google Play from a web browser on a computer?  You can view all the apps you have downloaded in the past and remotely install them from the browser.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
kenacepi

When I click on the Play Store App, it appears to be starting, but doesn’t launch and then returns to the home screen. Will try to access things from the web.

0 Likes