Re: Droid Bionic ICS update????
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I've read in another thread that the ICS browser (Chrome) does not support Flash,  It was mentioned that Dolphin browser and Skyfire both support Flash.

0 Likes
idyotako
Enthusiast - Level 1

And these are available in the Play store? I feel unsatisfied if I don't have Flash when I browse, y'know... hehehe...

And another thing that I just found is an issue with Smart Dock. It fails to respond every time I dock my phone. I've already rebooted it and it's still doing the same thing. It kinda sucks to not have this since I do use my phone as my alarm clock as well, and being able to just look across my bed and see the time without fumbling too much with it is for me a nice luxury.

Seems like there is a lot of things that isn't working as well as it should right now (having issues with the Gallery and Music) so it may be one of those things that may take another update or 2 to clear up. You would think that there shouldn't be these issues, but what can you do? We wanted ICS and we got it... though I wasn't expecting it to be this buggy. >.>

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

idyotako wrote:

And these are available in the Play store?  yep

And another thing that I just found is an issue with Smart Dock. It fails to respond every time I dock my phone. I've already rebooted it and it's still doing the same thing. It kinda ***** to not have this since I do use my phone as my alarm clock as well, and being able to just look across my bed and see the time without fumbling too much with it is for me a nice luxury.   that's not good at all !

Seems like there is a lot of things that isn't working as well as it should right now (having issues with the Gallery and Music) so it may be one of those things that may take another update or 2 to clear up. You would think that there shouldn't be these issues, but what can you do? We wanted ICS and we got it... though I wasn't expecting it to be this buggy. >.>    be careful what you wish for?

Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

Flash is no longer available on Google Play. you can still download it from Adobe but be very careful if you download it somewhere else.  Adobe is no longer supporting Flash for mobile and by the end of the year they will no longer be supporting it for the PC world. they are replacing it with something else that is supposed to be better, faster, etc... and backward compatible.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

This is True we're supposed to Rely on HTML5  Hum.! if what i see it Don't help Much if it's in place at All..

0 Likes
Not applicable

just get the google chrome browser. it is awesome

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Just installed it before Midnight but phone needed to charged, When it's done will give it a full Work over.. b33

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

This is correct. Chrome does NOT support Flash. Skyfire and Dolphin do. I am running Skyfire on my ICS and it works like a charm.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

ICS on a Bionic?  If so, OTA or "the other way" (the one that can't be mentioned).  If OTA on a Bionic, did you have any problems, 'cause a few others have reported issues with the download/update.

0 Likes
innocent933

Not only are we getting ICS.. Motorola has us scheduled for Jelly Bean as well. When I see JB, I'll believe it.

https://forums.motorola.com/pages/00add97d6c

0 Likes