Droid Bionic My Verizon Mobile app/NFL app sign-in error. I need football!! Please help!
the_admiral1
Enthusiast - Level 2
I just upgraded to the Motorola Droid Bionic from the iphone. I am unable to use the NFL mobile app on this phone because it won't let me sign in to My Verizon Mobile. I know for a fact - because I've logged into my Verizon account on my laptop - that my username & password are correct.

When I try using wifi, I keep getting an error 1001 - "Connection to server could not be established". When I try using 4g, I keep getting a "-1" error - "Services are temporarily unavailable. Please try again later". I get the same error if I try using 3g. The data usage widget is able to connect & show my data used as long as I'm not on wifi.

Can somebody please help me? I need to watch/listen to football!
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Droid Bionic My Verizon Mobile app/NFL app sign-in error. I need football!! Please help!
the_admiral1
Enthusiast - Level 2
Thank you everybody for your help! So anyone that might have this problem in the future knows, I finally got the problem fixed. I took gina7289's advice & went into a corporate store. The associate was very friendly & helpful working with me. We tried a new sim card, but that didn't fix it.

He'd never seen the problem before, but he showed one of the guys in the back & they said it might have to do with my Verizon login ID/password. He recommended that I reset both. I renamed my login ID & reset my password and that took care of the issue. I had already tried resetting my password, so it had to be the login ID.

Thank you again to all that helped and for the suggestions. Now if only there was something that someone could do to help my unlucky football team's constant issues - the Bengals being the Bengals!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Droid Bionic My Verizon Mobile app/NFL app sign-in error. I need football!! Please help!
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
I would say Restart ur phone or sign in on ur my verizon app. Try a different app that needs to sign in on.
0 Likes
the_admiral1
Enthusiast - Level 2
The My Verizon app will not let me sign in. I've tried uninstalling updates on both the NFL mobile app & the My Verizon app, then tried logging in - no go. Then tried updating both apps & logging in again - still no go.

I've tried rebooting the phone multiple times - including yanking everything out including the battery, the micro SD card, & the 4g sim card.

Sorry if I seem snippy. It's just that I've had a Droid, Droid X, then the iPhone & have never had an issue logging into the My Verizon app - therefore never had a problem getting into the NFL mobile app. I'm football deprived!
0 Likes
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
It might be the sim chip since that controls the account info. Have u done a master reset?
0 Likes
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
R u near a vzw corporate store?
0 Likes
the_admiral1
Enthusiast - Level 2
No, I haven't done that. Didn't really want to lose everything I have on the phone, but if it works I suppose it'd be worth it...
0 Likes
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
U could go to the corporate store... 1 time my dad thught he would lose everything but when he replaced his phone signed in again everything was there droidx though.
0 Likes
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

the_admiral1 wrote:
The My Verizon app will not let me sign in. I've tried uninstalling updates on both the NFL mobile app & the My Verizon app, then tried logging in - no go. Then tried updating both apps & logging in again - still no go.

I've tried rebooting the phone multiple times - including yanking everything out including the battery, the micro SD card, & the 4g sim card.

Sorry if I seem snippy. It's just that I've had a Droid, Droid X, then the iPhone & have never had an issue logging into the My Verizon app - therefore never had a problem getting into the NFL mobile app. I'm football deprived!

Thanks  for the feedback and suggestions!

the_admiral1 I understand the importance of being able to follow your team's NFL season on your device!  I am happy to assist.

I know you have already completed some troubleshooting which hasn't brought you good results, so I'd like to suggest another step.  I want to suggest resetting the application data in the Settings menu.  This will reset and clear the applications data from the phone's RAM memory and allow the application to start afresh.  I am including instructions with screen shots in the link below:

Reset Application - DROID BIONIC by Motorola

Please let me know how this works out for you!

0 Likes
the_admiral1
Enthusiast - Level 2
Thank you everybody for your help! So anyone that might have this problem in the future knows, I finally got the problem fixed. I took gina7289's advice & went into a corporate store. The associate was very friendly & helpful working with me. We tried a new sim card, but that didn't fix it.

He'd never seen the problem before, but he showed one of the guys in the back & they said it might have to do with my Verizon login ID/password. He recommended that I reset both. I renamed my login ID & reset my password and that took care of the issue. I had already tried resetting my password, so it had to be the login ID.

Thank you again to all that helped and for the suggestions. Now if only there was something that someone could do to help my unlucky football team's constant issues - the Bengals being the Bengals!
0 Likes
robbyrob55
Wow thank u so much for this...I just spent about 35 min on the with vzw customer service. They don't know anything. I should of googled it first. Go Titans!!!
0 Likes