Droid Bionic No Cell service/Constant Reboot
BushFlyin

I woke up this morning to find my Motorola Droid Bionic constantly rebooting. It had been on the charger all night, no new apps have been installed in the past week. I booted into safe mode, same status, no cell service and reboot after 3 minutes or so. I did a factory reset on the phone from the Power+Vol Up+Vol Down function, and still have the exact same problem. I've had the phone for 1 year and 10 months, so I'm not due for an upgrade until March.

Any advice?

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Droid Bionic No Cell service/Constant Reboot
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BushFlyin, I regret to see that you're having so many issues with your device. It sounds like you've done quite a bit of troubleshooting for this issue already. One other thing I would recommend is to wipe the cache partition. This step is in the Recovery menu which you found previously. If still no change here, then the phone needs to be replaced. Do you have an extended warranty or another line that may be eligible for upgrade?

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Droid Bionic No Cell service/Constant Reboot
BushFlyin

Thanks for getting back to me Marquia. I went ahead and wiped the cache partition and did a factory reset again. I got the reboot again in the middle of initial setup on the phone. Still no cell service being shown on the indicator. Looks like I'll need to replace the phone. I don't have an extended warranty and both lines have the same upgrade time. I have an older phone that works fine, unfortunately it's from my previous cell provider and doesn't work on the Verizon network.

Thanks.

0 Likes