Droid Bionic - No Data Connection?
seacon

My wife and I both have the Droid Bionic and it has worked reasonably well (no major complaints...)

This morning I turned my phone on at about 5:30 AM and haven't had any data access at all so far today (it's been 2.5 hours now...)

It worked just fine yesterday.

I've tried all of the normal routines.  Power off and remove battery... Cycle through airplane mode... make sure data is enabled.

There is no 3g/4g/1x symbol up at the top of the screen.

What do I need to do?

0 Likes
Re: Droid Bionic - No Data Connection?
HighDesert
Contributor - Level 2

Thanks for posting this!

I've had no data connection -- no 3G symbol at all -- since 1am this morning.  I, too, have tried all the obvious things -- everything short of factory reset.  I was close to trying that out of desperation, but if I'm not the only one with a mysterious "no data" then maybe it's the network...and I'll wait.

This IS NOT the chronic data-connection problem -- "white, not blue" that people report.  This is no data symbol at all.

So, you and your wife each have a Bionic -- two of them?  And does hers have a data connection?

huntinglabradors
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been having the same issue since 1:00 am this morning.  Any word on what is going on?

0 Likes
Droid Bionic - No Data Connection?
huntinglabradors
Enthusiast - Level 1

Having the same issue since 1:00 am any clue what's going on yet?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Starting to sound like a network outage, huh?  Has anyone called Customer Service?  (no data connection issue here, by the way)

0 Likes
HighDesert
Contributor - Level 2

I'm SO glad I read this so I didn't waste time with a factory reset.

The weird thing is that a friend of mine a few miles away has a 3G symbol on his Droid...like, it's sporadic even between different towers in the same city...?

0 Likes
j-dubya
Enthusiast - Level 2

Which area are you all having issues in?  I'm in WA state and have not had 3G since approx. 7:30 a.m.  I'm currently on the phone with VZW right now, trying to troubleshoot this issue.  Nothing we tried worked.  As he was setting up a trouble ticket, my 3G symbol came back.  Go figure.

0 Likes
HighDesert
Contributor - Level 2

j-dubya wrote:

Which area are you all having issues in?  I'm in WA state and have not had 3G since approx. 7:30 a.m.  I'm currently on the phone with VZW right now, trying to troubleshoot this issue.  Nothing we tried worked.  As he was setting up a trouble ticket, my 3G symbol came back.  Go figure.

I'm in Bend, OR...but a friend a few miles away had a decent 3G connection, so I figured that if it's a network issue then it's very localized.

So I got in my car and drove way across town, thinking that my outage-tower was the exception...but I didn't find a 3G symbol/connection until I drove into the section of town where my friend lives.  Then I drove home and I still have the 3G connection.

Yes, go figure.

0 Likes
j-dubya
Enthusiast - Level 2

Of the three phones on my account, mine was the only one that didn't have 3G this a.m.  A friend two miles away didn't have 3G either.  UNTIL I called VZW, and the trouble ticket was submitted.    I had 3G within two minutes, and my friend's came back shortly after.  I'm in Wenatchee, WA, by the way.  Smiley Happy

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi seacon,

I'm sorry to learn of data issues you experienced on October 4, I trust that your service concerns are now resolved as I do not see further postings from you on this thread.
Please keep in mind that this is a peer to peer forum and while our Social Media team monitors the posts, the best way to get immediate assistance when network issues are suspected is to call 800-922-0204 from a different line to troubleshoot device or send us a message on twitter at @VZWSupport.

AntonioC_VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes