Droid Bionic: can't dial 1 while connected?
w9wi

For some reason, I can't dial the digit 1 while connected in a voice call.  (for example, I reach voice mail & have to "Press 1 to reach Technical Support") 

I move the phone away from my face, the screen wakes up, I hit the "DIALER" button & the dialer comes up -- but if I press the "1" key, the screen immediately blanks again & no tones are sent.

Strangely enough, I can dial any other digit.  Of course, most voice-response systems use 1 for the most popular selection Smiley Happy 

I have no problem dialing "1" when *not* connected -- for example, I can place a call to 615-nnn-nnnn without any problems.

I have power-cycled the phone.  (removed the battery for 30 seconds) 

Any other ideas?

0 Likes
Re: Droid Bionic: can't dial 1 while connected?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello w9wi! What an odd thing to occur! I have to admit that I haven't heard of such a thing. If this is still happening, this might be the resulting behavior of a bad or incompatible application or software issue. I recommend putting the device into Safe Mode and then trying a call to a voice reponse system again. If it doesn't happen, then a factory reset may be required. The link to how to put the device in Safe Mode is here http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=47270

The link showing how to factory reset the device is here. http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=46649

If you've done all that but still have the issue, we may need to discuss replacement options.

Dion M.
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

This may not help, but it won't hurt to try ... do a system cache clear (it shouldn't erase any of your data):

Power down phone

Hold volume up/down & power simultaneously

Use volume down to navigate to 'Recovery', use volume up to select

Should see screen with triangle and exclamation point next to an Android

Press volume up/down simultaneously

Use volume rocker to navigate to 'wipe cache' and use power button to select

Once finished, use volume rocker to navigate to 'reboot system now' and use power button to select

0 Likes
cliffordray

Great advice, thank you very much.

0 Likes
Abriyeal

I have this same problem and have had it since I bought the phone.  There are several problems this phone has and this seems to be one of the most annoying. Another is the 4g dropping. I have had to place the phone in 3g mode only in order to have consistent data.  Of course there is also the Android 4.0 update we were promised that still hasn't come.  Guess I'll stop there. I , never-mind..... done.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Abriyeal wrote:

Of course there is also the Android 4.0 update we were promised that still hasn't come. 

The 4.0.4 update for the Bionic rolled out Oct. 2012.

0 Likes
Abriyeal

I still haven't received it. I have checked for updates and called Verizon, but no updates available is the response. I'm still running 2.3.4

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

How odd.  Have you talked with Motorola?  You could go to this site and click on the Live Chat button and see if maybe they could offer ideas/options:

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/product_page/faqs/p_country_code/US/p/30,6720,8048

0 Likes