Droid Bionic update infinite loop
Risk

My Droid Bionic is in an update loop that nothing seems to stop...battery out, reboot, etc

0 Likes
Re: Droid Bionic update infinite loop
skeeter22zx

I woke up this morning to find an upgrad/update to my phone.  At 7am i started the upgrade.  at 9:30am it was still stuck on updating media database.  I could no longer waite so I rebooted by popping the battery.  It does not turn on.  Whats the deal?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Too late now, but you shouldn't have popped the battery in the midst of a major OS update.  This update can take hours, depending on how much media you have on your phone.  Have you tried removing the battery again, waiting about 10 seconds, reinstalling the battery and seeing if it will turn on?

0 Likes
skeeter22zx

Yes.  The M comes up and then Droid then goes blank

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Bummer.  I'm out of ideas, other than taking it to your local Verizon Corporate store.  There's been at least one poster on here the past few days that said that the update bricked their phone and they're getting it replaced.  There may be others who can chime on here with suggestions for you, but I'm afraid I don't have any.  Good luck.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi skeeter22zx!

I'm sorry for the inconveniences you have had updating the software on the Bionic. Because the battery was pulled during the update, it has stopped the OS from reloading into the device. That is why the phone will not power on. Please try an alternative reset (steps http://bit.ly/QJlU9h) to reboot the device properly. Please keep me posted.

Thanks
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
skeeter22zx

The phone was replaced. The battery was drained by the update. I did not

have it charging during update.

On Nov 15, 2012 1:02 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes