Droid Bionic with black homescreen
Dion99

I have a black screen on the homescreen. Ive tried restarting the phone by powering it off and on, no change. Ive taken the battery out for about 15 minutes, put it back in and still no change. Can someone tell me what to do to get my phone working again

0 Likes
Re: Droid Bionic with black homescreen
Wildman
Legend

So let me get this correct, your device goes through the boot screen and splash screen and then goes black when it hits home page or does it simply give a black screen when its first turned on and doesn't do anything else?

0 Likes
Dion99

I called customer service and i had to do a factory reset. Now its working back to normal. With the lost of all my text messages. Well she said some of the apps i downloaded this morning weren't compatible for my application so thats why it started to mess up.  

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Glad to hear you are up and running again..A hard reset was what I was going to suggest but I was going to see if Safe Mode worked to be able to uninstall any apps, also you could have tried clearing the cache..

For future reference here is the Safe Mode and Clear Cache Methods..

Safe Mode

http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=47270

Clear Cache..

1. Power off the phone, press and hold the Volume up and Volume down button, then press the Power button simultaneously while powering up the unit.
  2. Screen will come up with "Fastboot" at the top of the screen, press Volume down key to cycle through choices until you get "Android Recovery", then press Volume up key to boot in this mode
  3. Wait for the "triangle ! / Android" screen then go on to step 4 
  4. Press both Volume up and Volume down key simultaneously. A Recovery Menu will come up
  5. Tap on Volume down key until "clear system cache" is highlighted, and tap Power button. Another Confirmation screen will come. Tap on Volume down key until coming to Yes and tap Power button
  6. After userdata is cleared, the "reboot system now" option will be highlighted by Default. Tap Power button
  7. Phone will reboot to initial setup screen.
0 Likes