Droid Camera fix
bgeyer

I bought my Droid a few weeks ago, and really like it, except for the camera.  The majority of the pictures are very grainy, and not crisp and clear.  The update didn't  take care of anything, so I started playing with the settings.  I finally left all of them the same, but changed the focus setting to the "Infinity" setting.  All my pictures are crisp and clear.  It made a huge difference.  Hope this helps.

0 Likes
Re: Droid Camera fix
AFguy
Contributor - Level 2

Thanks for the advice.  I will try that out.

0 Likes
rgenius

Nice fix for certain situations..

thx

0 Likes
Lightninrod
Enthusiast - Level 3

According to many users, the OTA update that is being sent to Droids right now will improve(better focusing, less time between taking pics, etc) its camera.

0 Likes
n0yxl
Enthusiast - Level 3

Lightninrod wrote:

According to many users, the OTA update that is being sent to Droids right now will improve(better focusing, less time between taking pics, etc) its camera.

The OP mentioned that he still had "grain" problems after the update.

It'd be nice to be able to set the ISO(sensitivity) settings in the camera manually.

0 Likes
yellowboy74
Enthusiast - Level 3

OMG. I think that worked. I will have to do a full test but the shots that i have taken since adjusting the settings, looked much much better. So  far i have taken 7 shots in a row and all came out great quality.

0 Likes
yellowboy74
Enthusiast - Level 3

Bgyer you are my hero. I think you might have solved the biggest issue with this phone. I have taken 20 shots now and all pics came out great. I mean there is no grain at all. Now i am really loving this phone. You have solved what motorola techs could not do. Thanks again. If you are having trouble finding the setting, Go to  Camera------->Settings---------->Focus Mode. Then change the setting to Infinite.

0 Likes