Droid Charge !!! JUNK!!!!!
Really_Now

I got a CHARGE (SDC) it went bad, home button quit working dropping calls. I would travel from 3g to 4g while being on phone call drops. Going from 4g to 3g call drops, sitting at home calls drop with at least 3 bar. Took SDC in to store they looked at it check SW. and they said it should not happen AGAIN! Few days later here we go again, to store and got a replacement sent to me. Used my refurbished certified SDC... 3 weeks later same problem, but this time the phone reset it self to factor defaults. It deletes ALL my contact. And back to the store i go, they say NOTHING is wrong with phone. and sorry you lost all your contact info. They sent me ANOTHER SDC. This is my third SDC and 10 days after i get it!!!!! The phone resets deletes ALL contact and i call tech support. This was not my first call. I think i have a good 40hrs. in the store and on phone with countless reps. Finally they let me chioce another brand of phone... Well it works great, I won't say i don't have dropped calls, but I have alot less than i did with the SDC!!!

To top all this off, I add a basic phone to my plan, and that  is another story......

I have been charge 2 time first the FIRST phone I returned in September, they have verified that it was returned, but i keep getting chargeed $570.00 for it. than i have to call and get my credit......

0 Likes
Re: Droid Charge !!! JUNK!!!!!
JohnB_VZW
Verizon Employee

I apologize for all the inconvenience. I'm here to help.

You mentioned that your Droid Charged was replaced with a different model device and that device is working well. I'm glad that the new replacement is working great.

In order to assist with the $570.00 charge you are referring to I will need to access your account. Please send me a private message with your name and mobile so I can access your account and investigate the reason for the charge. 

I'm happy to help get this resolved as soon as possible.

0 Likes
louise3000

What did you replace your Charge with?

I am so fed up after the GB update, and the incredible run-arounds I'm getting from Samsung and Verizon, that I'm beginning to think I don't want to have an Android phone at all.  But since I never wanted an iphone, that would be a big switch for me, and one I will only make in desperation.

So...which Android did you replace your Charge with?  I gather it is working much better for you and that would really help me decide what to do.

Thanks.

Louise

0 Likes
Really_Now

Bionic

0 Likes
shuddle13
Enthusiast - Level 2

I too had a Droid Charge. It gave me constant headaches, especially after the Gingerbread update. I would get error messages every time the phone rang, and the phone app would end the call before I could even pick up. Then, when I was on a call, it would either A) make weird noises while on the call, B) drop the call about 15 minutes in, or C) I wouldn't be able to hear the person I was talking to or they wouldn't be able to hear me about 20 minutes into the conversation. 

I took it in to Verizon MULTIPLE times and was told "Sorry, there is nothing we can do, we can't recreate the problem. We'll note it on your account." 

All I wanted was my phone switched out with a certified pre-owned replacement, to see if that would fix the problem, and nobody would help me. To me, it's a serious issue when I can't use my phone to make PHONE CALLS. The most basic function of a smartphone, and I couldn't do it. Finally, I was forced to pay out of pocket and use the upgrade from another one of my lines to replace my Droid Charge with a different phone. Now, I am out $300 bucks because no one would help me. The good news is, at least I don't have any problems with my new phone (Galaxy Nexus). 

My frustration with Verizon has reached it's breaking point. I used to swear by them and brag about the great service and support I would get, but lately, I've gotten ZERO support from them to help resolve my problems. To top it off, network outages almost every day are ridiculous.

Verizon please, make it right and show me the support I used to know and trust. Instead, I am currently in the hole $300 to replace a broken phone that no one would help me with, despite my repeated pleas to just fix the problem. 

0 Likes
Booch

I've been extremely disappointed with the Droid Charge and even more disappointed with Verizon's handling of the situation.  I constantly lost data before GB (now it is better--only lost it maybe 5 times), but now I have terrible cell reception.  In my office, several times a day, I won't have any cell phone service whatsoever, when co-workers have full-strength with other Verizon phones.  I know the Charge has a poor antenna/radio.

I am so disgusted with Verizon.  I wish that I could trade it out for a phone that works, but for some reason unknown, Verizon won't oblige.  I guess I have to continue paying over $100 a month with very poor performance. 

Shame on you, Verizon.

0 Likes