Re: Droid Charge Many Issues
moca924

I am having the same issue.  I have tested this and for the past 3 or 4 days been having this issue only when I talk to someone else on the verizon network.  I dont understand it and they continue to say that this is not the case!!!  Verizon really needs to go back to the drawing board for this one.  I love the phone but this is very fustrating as you say!!!  Have you found a remedy for this?  Has verizon been able to help you?

0 Likes
Re: Droid Charge Dropping Calls
Lyons

My and my wifes phones are dropping calls about every two minutes.  It is driving us crazy. 

0 Likes
DC5_K20Z1
Contributor - Level 3

You all should try forcing the phone into 3g CDMA only mode...and if you have a case on it..take it off...reset the phone and try calling other VZW customers. My wife and I tried that today and so far none of the issues of dead air or dropped calls, however, the phone calls were only for about 4-5 minutes, so we are not 100% sure that this fixes the issues and or if maybe it just prolongs the time before the issues happen, or maybe it does nothing at all...and we just happend to get lucky and make a few phone calls to others on VZW without having these issues before we hung up. Give it a try though.....I've heard that Verizon is aware of this issue and that a fix could be coming soon, possibly one to two weeks in the form of an OTA update....I'd hope sooner though, we pay ALOT OF MONEY each month for these...."Phones"...thats the number one thing it needs to be able to do too...call and get calls on a regular basis. I can understand a dropped call...here and there....just not every day, 1-20 times a day over weeks...thats just not right.

0 Likes
TominqueBo_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello Lyons,

I do understand the importance of staying connected.  I would like to assist you by first asking a few questions that will help determine a resolution.  For clarification, you and your wife both have the same device correct?  Do the dropped calls occur in a specific area or everywhere you go?  Has this always been the case even with prior VZW devices or did this begin with the devices you both have now?  Did this start right way or did this just begin?  Also, if you can advise me if there are other VZW customers around you two that are experiencing this as well, that would be great.  If you can reply with the information asked above we can definitely move forward with your success.  Thank you.  

0 Likes
Wadester

I was having a similar problem with my Charge shortly after I bought it (late August). At least once per day, mid-conversation, I could hear the other person but they could not hear me, except for bursting, gibberish sounds. I would have to hang up and call again. Lately it started doing that  several times a day. Last week I took it into the store and the rep set me up with a replacement phone that arrived the next day. I wasn't able to get it switched over until this morning. My first incoming call this evening had the same issue, the person I was talking to could no longer hear me and I had to hang up and reconnect. The next person I talked to, only minutes later, experienced the same thing except with a lot more squawking noises. With the first Charge, I had trouble with the GPS trying to locate me in Google maps. It would be off by about 16 miles for a solid 5 minutes before it figured out where I was. I traveled with a friend with a Motorola Droid (which I had before I bought the Samsung and LOVED). We would both start our Navigation apps at the same time to find a location. He would lock in with directions within seconds. 5 minutes later my phone was still trying to figure out where we were, let alone where we were going. I've had weird issues with the switching between 4G and 3G. It seems like it can't do that very well. And the audio has always been greatly lacking compared to my Motorola. But the biggest problem is the disrupted calls. I conduct my business from my cell phone and this can't happen anymore. But the phone DOES take nice pictures. It's just that I bought it because I needed a phone.  

0 Likes
dlcj21
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've had numerous issues with this phone.  Honestly I love the design and the screen but I'm now on my 3rd phone and now it's starting to have issues.

My first phone in the middle of a call, the microphone would stop working.  I could hear other people fine they just couldn't hear me.  I thought it was related to my bluetooth but it happened with my bluetooth connected and without it connected.  I had to restart the phone for it to begin working again.  I had the phone replaced about a month after purchasing it.  I got a brand new one since I was still in the 90 day warranty period from costco.

My second phone was working fine for a few months but after 2 months it started overheating for no reason.  It would be sitting idle and sometimes it would be too hot to touch.  The battery would only hold a charge for an hour and sometimes couldn't be charged at all due to the phone temperature.  I called customer service and she was going to send me a replacement right away but wanted me to get it tested in a store to tell her if it was the battery or the phone.  I took it in to be tested and he looked at my apps and told me since I had apps like netflix, flixster, and pandora, that he had to factory reset my phone, fully charge the battery and put it on a call for an hour to determine if there was anything wrong with it.  I had to leave the phone with them for several hours while they got it charged and tested.  First off I didn't think much about it, but after returning to work without my phone, the thought of factory resetting it and then performing the tests isn't realistic...how many people just use the phone as a phone?  I get putting it into a base case to see if anything was wrong with it, but when most people have the phone checking email, getting texts, etc factory reseting it and not registering any email accounts or anything else and simply putting it on a call for an hour doesn't make much sense.  Anyway, I came back and he told me that the battery was fine and he had it on a call for 2 hours and less than half battery life was acceptable after it being on a call that long.  When I asked him why it over heated he said that phones get hot while they charge.  He put the phone to his cheek and said, it's a little warm but nothing out of the ordinary.  I told the customer service agent that I spoke with on the phone the results and she sent me out a refurb phone.

First off, the thought of getting a refurb phone was annoying but if it was better than my other 2 and worked fine, I wouldn't mind.  First issue I noticed with the refurb phone was the second I turned it on.  I kept the other phones on automatic brightness and never had a problem.  Once I put the battery in this one and turned it on, I could barely see anything on the screen.  I had to go into the settings, turn off automatic brightness and turn the brightness up to 75% to be able to make out things.  All of my other problems went away, the battery life is reasonable, my microphone works fine.  The 2nd problem with this phone and I didn't notice it until recently was that when talking with the phone without my bluetooth connected, every now and then the speaker makes a loud static noise.  I'm not sure if that's because it was always like this or if it is due to the new android update that I installed yesterday.  I normally don't forget my bluetooth so this is the first time I'm noticing it.  It's happened on all of the calls I've made today.

I've been a verizon customer for going on 11 years now and I've never had any problems with any other phone.  I'm going to be putting in a ticket to get this one replaced but I'm not holding my breathe that a new phone will solve all these issues I'm having.  Hopefully 4th time is a charm.

0 Likes
UMFootball1989

Yeah my my service keeps switching between 4G/3G and even 1X still sometimes...im in a spotty 4G area..so I mostly get 3G...but my connection is still dropping at times...but not as much as it did with Froyo

0 Likes
ddunaway2011

trying to get back to ED2 to OTA to gingerbread. I followed the link's instructions WORD FOR WORD I downloaded Odin the PIT file and ED2 pulled battery held vol down pluged in cable had yellow triangle with droid sweeping checked re-partition box unchecked auto reset and f. reset time clicked PIT and the PIT file I downloaded then clicked PDA and the PDA ED2 file I downloaded then pressed start and this is what box said

<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..

<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..

<OSM> Please wait..

<OSM> MD5 hash value is invalid

<OSM> Samsung_Charge_ED2_Full.tar.md5 is invalid.

<OSM> End...

I never saw anything change as far as in Odin when I plugged phone in so I don't know if it recognized it or not???? In the black bar at the top of Odin box it says                                              ​    Odin3. [Android + SLP]                   Don't know if that helps or not but please please write me back with your thoughts on what I must've did wrong

0 Likes
MBP2U

I've had my Droid Charge for two months now and have had very few problems, in fact only one that I did not cause or just have to find an answer to.  New to Android, but have been grooving on computers for over 20 years... seems like some of the basics rules with computers definitely apply to these Androids.  Keeping them "clean" (re-starting at least once a day and close programs that you aren't using) and adding Apps one at a time (then, watch, WAIT).  Probably the old "garbage in/ garbage out" on these too.  Oh well - have fun!

0 Likes