Droid Charge bad phone...
meatverizon
Enthusiast - Level 2

I bought three droid charge's 23 months ago.  I have gone to the store multiple times complaining of the problems with all three of my phones.  When I first got the phone I was promised that there will be a software update to fix the problems.   I have waited and waited but none of the updates have fixed the problems.   I went into the store about 1 month ago and they tried to sell me a new phone, told me to factory reset the phone, etc.   I told them that it is not just my phone that I have the problem with it is all three phones.

Here are some of the problems that I have found:

1. Unexpected reboot with no reason;

2. Screen lock-up need to remove battery to restart;

3. GPS takes very long time to pin down its location

4. Sometimes it takes ~1 minute to load the application list after tapping the Application icon at the lower right corner of home screen;

5. Text messages fail to be received.

6. Battery drained after little use.   ( I have bought multiple spare batteries  because of this)

I can't believe that Verizon/Samsung have sold a phone with so many issues and they have not even tried to fix the problems (IMHO).

0 Likes
Re: Droid Charge bad phone...
meatverizon
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is anyone from Verizon going to respond?

0 Likes
mandyyy

Hi, not from Verizon, but I went into a verizon store after a week of bad customer service at another store, and countless problems trying to get my old phone upgraded. They finally got it right and I went to a store near me to pick up the Droid Razor. Big mistake!!! I got home, put it on charge, and it immediately started to heat up. After 5 mns it was becoming VERY hot to the touch. I called Verizon CS, and they told me to put it outside right away. I did, but not before I burned my fingers.

I am not going into detail here, but to make a long frustrating painful story short, THEY TOLD ME IT WAS MY FAULT. And THEY WILL NOT EXCHANGE IT. That is how they treat loyal customers who have been with them before they were called verizon. Now with my husbands medical bills coming in, I have to eat the money I just gave them. I miss the days when they really cared. Sorry about your phone. Maybe you will have better luck.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Mandy was this a Brand new Razr that you got at this store?  Was it a Corporate Store or a Non Corporate Store ? 

0 Likes
meatverizon
Enthusiast - Level 2

Still no comments from Verizon...   I am switching/disconnected one of the smartphones over to Sprint.  I assume next week I will have another one switched/disconnected.   I had 4 phones with Verizon.   I know Verizon does not care about their customers.

I have had Verizon phones before they were Verizon.   I started with PrimeCo and Altell...

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

meatverizon wrote:

Still no comments from Verizon...   I am switching/disconnected one of the smartphones over to Sprint.  I assume next week I will have another one switched/disconnected.   I had 4 phones with Verizon.   I know Verizon does not care about their customers.

I have had Verizon phones before they were Verizon.   I started with PrimeCo and Altell...

Well you did create your post as a discussion and didn't mark it as a question. I have noticed only unanswered questions have a chance of getting a response from the VZW reps that roam the community. Even then the results have been mixed.

Have you tried the chat option? Called customer service from another line? Stopped by a store? Contacted them on Twitter or their Google+ support handles? There are options besides this peer to peer customer forum. Not every customer who is a member here will read every post let alone respond to all of them. With only 57 views for your original post, you haven't been reaching the supposedly thousands of registered users for this community.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
meatverizon
Enthusiast - Level 2

I will try the other avenues.   Thanks for the suggestions.  

0 Likes
boobdole
Contributor - Level 2

TO be fair, every droid charge is a bad phone.  The fact they don't see any of the known issues as known issues is a pretty good indication of how terrible Verizon's customer service is.  I'd look for a new carrier (as many others are starting to do).  Good luck!

0 Likes
meatverizon
Enthusiast - Level 2

>>Post removed for discussion of moderation.  Please send a Direct Message to moderator if you have concerns about moderation.<<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
meatverizon
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why would they sell a phone that was defective?   Why do they not own up that the device did not and has not functioned?   

Let me add some other issues I missed.

7) Dials multiple times the same number.

😎 Dials the number minutes after trying to call a phone number

9) constantly force closes applications.

10) Battery life is non existent (I have bought at least 8 spare batteries)

11) Slow to respond

Let me just post what I have done.

1) I stopped by a store

2) Called customer service

3) tried to create a question in forum and verizon deleted it.

>>Post edited to remove discussion of moderation.  Please send a Direct Message to moderator if you have concerns about moderation.<<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes